My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 August 2013

CAS on the Catwalk

Hello folks, hope you're having a good weekend so far. I'm having a lazy weekend, getting my strength up for another manic week at work unless the lottery fairy smiles on me lol. Anyway we've got a new challenge starting on the catwalk at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time our theme is totally out of my comfort zone, yep its 'Clean and Simple'. As always we've got lots of inspiration from my very talented teamies and a fab prize from Flonzcraft our generous sponsor.


I've used a background stamp from Indigo Blu, inked up with Ladybug Memento Ink and this gorgeous car stamp from Flonzcraft. The sentiment is also from Indigo Blu. It only took about 5 minutes to make and I'm not at all sure I like it but hopefully it fits the bill for our theme this week. I've got to say it was a nice change to make such a quick card although it was a challenge to keep it clean as I've always got such inky fingers lol.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Card Making Mamas: black,white plus one
Eureka Stamps: clean and simple
My Craft Spot:clean and simple
Oldie but goodie: for a man/boy
(my oldie is the car stamp)
Stempelsonnen: anything goes
The Male Room: anything goes

Thanks for popping by and for your lovely comments, 
Claire xx

21 comments:

  1. Hi Claire...gee, I hope the lottery fairy is good to you! Your CAS card looks amazing! The sentiment made me smile...heaps!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome CAS creation. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card Claire! So vibrant an ilove the wording!! Good luck in your challenges!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well done you for stepping out of your comfort zone, great CAS card, that red background really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a challenge for you Claire - and you've come out of it tops again. Love that background stamp and the sentiment is brill. Great car image too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire
    I succumbed to some Indigo Blu stamps at a craft show yesterday. . . . .couldn't resist.
    Your sentiment did make me smile though my sniffles.
    Good luck with the challenges. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine ganz tolle Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow tolle Karte hast Du da gezaubert.
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Fab CAS card, the words are brilliant as well. Thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone for my theme choice.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super CAS style card, loving the sentiment, it is so true! Thanks for adding your card into our first challenge at The Male Room, would be lovely to see you again Claire. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Claire, great background stamp and love the sentiment! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Claire, the car really 'pops' agains that background. I love the quote!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card - what a great CAS layout and love the sentiment. Love the pop of color. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire! I would never have guessed you were not a fan of CAS. A great card! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'd also never have guessed that CAS was not your usual style - this is just fab! Love the sentiment with the image-it's perfect. The background looks pink and I really like that on a male card too. Thanks for joining in with our first ever challenge at The Male Room

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gefällt mir super.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have trouble with inky fingers too !! You managed CAS perfectly though, love the striking background behind the black and white image...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire don't forget me when that lottery fairy smile on you lol.

    This is fabulous sweetie such a striking background and I adore the sentiment.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous CAS card!! Love it! Thank you for playing with Card Makin' Mamas! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, saw you at Cindy's link. Love the sentiment! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...