My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 18 August 2013

Create your own background at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies, we've got a new challenge over at PanPastel UK and this week our theme is 'make your own background', you don't have to use PanPastels to enter but of course we love it when you do, its great to see so many people using them. Our lucky winner will receive a fab PanPastel starter set thanks to our generous sponsor  Berni from Your Creativity Store, sadly due to the increased costs of postage this is only available for our UK winners but of course there's the fab winners badge wherever you live. 

For my card I've created a misty scene with torn paper masks using pinks, blues and violet PanPastels with a little Paynes Grey. I've also used the edge of an angle slice sofft sponge to create the grass. The fairies and willow leaves are all from Lavinia stamps. The moon is made from Maimeri Glassy gel mixed with glitter, spread on my craft mat and left to dry, once its dry I die cut with a circle die to get a lovely sparkly moon, you can see it a bit better here:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Card Crafters Circle: winged things
Inky Impressions: things with wings
Lavinia Stamps: anything goes
Sparkles Forum: up up and away
Wags'n'Whiskers: fairytale/fantasy

I'm off to make a start on Sunday lunch, roast beef today so I expect the dogs will be lurking around for their share. I love Sundays, its so nice to have some time to potter around and relax. Hope you' have a good day and  thanks so much for popping by
Claire xx

23 comments:

  1. Slowly catching up after my holidays Claire and what a super card this one is.

    Hope you have a good Sunday,

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is beautiful and so tranquil, great background.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one very much Claire...beautiful..Love the sparkling moon and the gorgeous silhouette Fairies..the hanging vines look just wonderful and love the dusky pink hills...so beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is stunning Claire. I love the way you have created the background and the moon looks amazing.
    I hope you have a good day
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card it's pretty

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Claire, I love what you do with pan pastels. I love the moon you added to this too.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow stunning card Claire, love the soft effect with the pastels and the gorgeous moon!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire
    This is a truly stunning card. Good luck in your challenges!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. GGorgeous background Claire ! Happy Sunday, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Claire I love the scene and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your use of these stamps is soo magical

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful scene Claire, great colour choice too. Love the moon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Claire this is a work of art! I adore this!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Claire and your moon is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That moon is amazing, love your background as well, a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claire this is gorgeous! I love the hills, so soft and gentle and the lovely image.
    Thanks for playing in our "Wings" challenge at Inky Impressions and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful I love the colours you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, I love the way you've made the moon, I shall have to try that tip. Thank you for entering it into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, and good luck. Hugs, Pauline, DT member xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love your romantic and gorgeous postcard, a wonderful make too, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a lovely card - the background is amazing! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...