My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 15 August 2013

Pink Angel from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, I'm having such a busy week at work I dont know if I'm on my arse or my elbow as my grannie would say lol. We only have 5 staff and 3 are off so I've been doing everything from funding bids to making the tea and cleaning the toilets this week so I haven't had much time or energy for visitng so I'll be popping round to catch up at the weekend. But enough moaning, I'm in the Christmas spirit with a  card featuring one of the beautiful stamps from Gothic Angels, one of this months new stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. . This angel is so pretty and feminine so I decided to go for a pink and gold theme.


I made the background using distress stains in VIctorian Velvet, Tea Dye, Spun Sugar and Tarnished Brass and overstamped with one of the gorgeous background stamps from Gothic angels, firstly with Tattered Rose and then with versamark, embossed with WOW gold embossing powder. The main image has been coloured with Graph'it markers, die cut and matted on some craft card. I've added a little brass charm, come twine and a bow to finish off.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: die cuts/punches
Card mania: Favourite embellishment (ribbon for me)
Get Inky: ribbons
Paper Minutes: pastel colours
Top Tip Tuesday: embossing

If you've got a minute pop over to the Chocolate Baroque DT blog, my lovely teamies have come up with some stunning projects to showcase this months new stamps.

Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Claire
    Adore the background. . . . .very ethereal.
    Thanks so much for the reply about the paste.
    Good luck with your challenges.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking with the gold embossed background & I love the varying shades of peach & pink you incorportaed in this. There's a lovely warmth to the whole which is beautifully accented & enhanced by those little corner brads.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Claire. I love the image and the colours are wonderful.
    I hope you get some chance to relax soon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! That gold embossing is so elegant, and I love the intricate die cut. Beautiful! Thank you for participating in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog's "Make the Cut" challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant! The gold background looks divine! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love your angel & you've done a wonderful job coloring her. I like the background you did & the embossing gives it an interesting touch. GREAT job!

    Thank you for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge.

    ~Beth – Get Inky! DT
    Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely project

    thank you for entering the challenge over at

    Artistic Inspirations Blog

    Luv Kerrie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation Clare, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and image. Love the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Thank you for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...