My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 25 August 2013

Sew and Sew at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello my lovelies, hope you're having a good weekend so far. We've got a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time around our theme is 'Sew and Sew'. As always there's a fab prize up for grabs from Flonzcraft our generous sponsor so do pop over and check out the challenge blog for more deets, while you're there have a look at all the beautiful inspiration from my teamies.


I've made a little pin cushion, inspired by a gorgeous project in last months Simply Homemade magazine although I didn't have the right bits and bobs so I had to rummage in my stash. I used a moutboard die cut circle for the base and an old CD at the top. Now somewhere in my craftroom I have a load of old cotton reels but  of course I couldn't find them so I decided that I'd use a full reel of cotton then i'll always be able to find it :-) The papers are from Prima 'Believe' paper pad, distressed with tea dye distress ink. For the pin cushion on the top I took an old calico bag (those you get full of leaflets at boring conferences) and stamped 'Leafy Trails' Big Bold Background stamp from Chocolate Baroque with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and coloured with Graph'It Markers, I cut a circle and gathered it over a smaller card circle using running stitches. It was a bit awkward to stuff it so I made a hole in the card and poked the stuffing in with my tweezers before sticking it to the top of the little stand.


i've added some seam binding ribbon and lace from the Ribbon Girl and a button and twine from my stash. I made a couple of tags to pop on a couple of the memo pins, one is a manilla tag stamped with a sewing pattern stamp from Indigo Blu. The front tag uses some of the scraps of paper from the pad, stamped with a stitching stamp from Indigo Blu, the lady is a stamp from Flonzcraft, coloured with Graph'it Markers, her dress is paper pieced using a few more scraps.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Craft Room Challenge: Somethiing new
 (new technique to make the pincushion and new papers)
Crafty Catz: real or faux stitching + material
Crafty Creations:shabby Chic
My Craft Spot: 3d items

Its been the first day of my week off work and its been grey and rainy all day but its been a good excuse to have a lazy day. Can you believe I haven't done any crafting?? I know, not like me at all but after being so busy at work and having loads of samples to make my craft room looked like a total bomb site so I've had a bit of a sort out and now I can actually see my desk so I'll be catching up on some crafty fun tomorrow :-)
Thanks so much for popping by and thanks for your lovely comments
Claire xx

20 comments:

  1. Oh Claire! Your project is magnificent! I absolutely adore it. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire this is very creative, beautiful work. TFS Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh wow wow wow!!!!! Love this, every detail is just perfect!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too clever by half missy this is one amazing statement. So jealous that I didn't make this one.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pin cushion, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, has a fab vintage feel to it and I am so going to have a go at making one, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project Claire, love the images you've used and the idea of using a full bobbin is a bonus. Enjoy your week off work.
    Avrilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project Claire! Love the tags too ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and beautiful tags Claire thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow fabulous creation, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative! Love the tag and dress. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. I hope you get to join us again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW- what a fabulous project, I wouldn't have known where to start ! love the colours and those tags set it all off perfectly !! (bet you find those cotton reels now you've used this one!)..thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Claire :-) so vintage and pretty, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire...it sounds and looks like you have had heaps of fun making this! It looks amazing!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire that is a very pretty pin cushion and fab tags love the colours. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! You should use it for real sewing purposes, to hold the needles etc!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness Claire, this is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting By Designs!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab creation and perfect for our challenge at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have covered the sewing theme in such a gorgeous fashion! Love that pincushion and those tags! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love this Claire, and using the full reel of cotton is a brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us at the CRC this fortnight.

    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...