My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Blue Angel from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, have you made a start on those Christmas cards yet? Its August already so before we know it Christmas will be upon us. Never fear though  if you haven't even thought about making a start as Chocolate Baroque have some absolutely fabulous new Christmas stamps to tempt you. You can see them all here 

As its been so hot, I went for a cool blue colour palette for this card which uses the Snowflake Shadow Big bold background stamp and one of the beautiful angels from Gothic Angels
I created the background by applying shades of blue distress inks to Southfield pearlescent card, I really love the delicate sparkle of this cardstock for Christmas projects. I stamped the Snowflake Shadow with versamark and embossed with white embossing powder before matting on some dark blue card.

I stamped the angel on some smooth white card with versamark and again embossed with white sparkly embossing powder, die cut with a bauble die and applied distress inks around the edge. I stamped the angel again in Memento tuxedo black and coloured her with Graph'It markers, cut her out and popped her up on the bauble with silicone glue. I really love this angel, she's been a big hit with al the DT, we've nicknamed her the 'Feisty Angel' lol.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
ABC: Monochromatic
Christmas cards all year long: fussy and fancy
Crafting for all seasons: christmas
Crafty Boots: die cuts
Crafty Hazelnut: spread a little joy and love
The Hobby House: Christmas

Thanks so much for visiting today, its always lovely to see you :-)
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow that blue colour is amazing!
    No I have not started on Christmas cards yet :( I can never start until I have my Halloween projects out the way lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angel image and her fab blue hair. Super background too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layering of the angel's face looks super & I love the sparkle her jewellery provides. The glow of her halo is striking framed by the sahpe of the babble & the way the point echoes her neckline, chin & head band quite astonishing. I love the dark deep blue for matting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire. I love everything about it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Claire, what a wonderful card and such a fantastic shade of blue. Love your image and the whole design. Thanks for entering it into CCAYR, good luck with the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire
    Beautiful card. The background is absolutely stunning!
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised. Love the colours in this card, the backing paper is gorgeous and just look at that fabulous hair.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge for our Christmas Theme
    Hugs Kate xx

    p.s. don't forget to check out on Friday 9th @ 1pm the new Hobby House products on Create and Craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an unusual Christmas card. It's absoutely stunning. Love the blues. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Hobby House.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the blue - absolutely gorgeous - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 136 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love that snow queen image inside the ornament shape. Thanks so much for sharing your frosty and beautiful card with us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's beautiful. Love the blue for Christmas. Your snowflake background is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards all year Round.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...