My lovely blogland friends

Monday 5 August 2013

Free Range at SplodgeAway

Hello folks, well we've certainly been having a wonderful summer with lots of sunshine so far. I've take inspiration from all the sunshine for my project for this week's theme at SplodgeAway where the DT are making 'free range' projects. The challenge for me was which mask to choose as there are so many gorgeous masks in the land of SplodgeAway!


Anyway after a lot of dithering around, I decided to use a couple of my old favourite masks, Butterfly Creator and Floral Butterfly Wreath. It was a really quick and easy card to make, I blended hansa yellow, diarylide tint and orange tint over some linen cardstock and them embossed the Floral Butterfly Wreath mask with my GC, I then blended some deeper yellow PanPastels over the top and added lots of tiny pearls to the centre of the flowers and the butterfly bodies. I created the larger butterflies in the same way. The sentment is one of my all time favourites from Chocolate Baroque. To finish off I simply added a seam binding bow and a paper rose.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
CRAFT: Monochromatic
Delicious Doodles: anything goes
Pumpkin Spice: sunshine
Seemacrafts: Butterfly
Sweet Pea Stampers: Embossing
Totally gorjuss: anything goes with pearls

Hope you're having a good day, thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, love the design and colour. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are amazing! Every card is perfect.
    Greetings from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very lovely Claire I really like your butterflies they really make the card and the sentiment fits it perfectly.
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    I only tend to get time to flick through the Splodgeaway blog, without getting to the individual DT's blogs but as this gorgeous card popped up on my reading list, I couldn't resist popping by for a closer look.
    I have this mask and so your lovely card has given me another idea as to how to use it.
    Another follower added to your list!
    Best wishes
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire this is so beautiful that distressing is awesome, truly wonderful creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Claire this is stunning! Love the fabulous masks and your design.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. Love your use of the masks. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for The Sweet Pea Stampers embossing challenge - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Claire. I love the embossing and distressing. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “embossing - wet or dry or both” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card hun absolutely lovely thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Good Luck.

    Evie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous monochromatic card! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at Shop Pumpkin Spice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love the butterflies!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking card, love the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Carolyn
    SPS Team A DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, i love the colour you have gone with an that mask is beautiful
    thanks for joining us over at Seemacrafts this month, good luck with the challenge
    hugs
    Marie (DT member for Seemacrafts)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Larelle-Susanne here from Seemacrafts Design team just wanted to stop by and thank you for entering in the butterfly challenge. I loved your creativity and love that butterfly mask. Great share! I hope you are able to participate in future challenges.good luck ~ Hugs Larelle-Susanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...