My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 16 April 2017

Beautiful Katya

Good morning my lovelies, long time no see! I've been without internet for a wee while but eventually Virgin media have sorted the problem and so I'm playing catch up now. My project today features the lovely Katya from Chocolate Baroque.


To decorate the plastic frame I applied gilding glue and then adding gilding flakes here and there and dusted mica powders over the rest.

I created a background with distress inks (bundled sage, Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac) and overstamped using the Large Crackle Background stamp using purple chalk ink. I stamped Katya onto white stamping card and coloured her with alcohol markers. I also stamped her onto acetate with versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I then cut Katya out and glued her to the background. I then cut her headdress out from the acetate and layered that up with tiny blobs of silicone glue. I added a few little gems here and there.


I then stamped the sentiment (from Artistic Expressions) with purple chalk ink on some gold vellum. I tore the strip out and rolled the edges around a cocktail stick to make a little scroll.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Creative Artiste : Anything Mixed Media
Tuesday Throwdown: Something clear
WOW Embossing powder: Anything goes with embossing powder

Thanks so much for visiting, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Russians icons. The transformed frame is so beautiful with the gilding and I love how you coloured Katya too, she looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! She is striking and I love the headdress with the gems. The background captures the richness and does not take away from her or that beautiful frame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project. Love all the details, especially the scroll effect. Thanks for playing in this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative project Claire! I love your altered frame and the gold head dress is stunning. Such a great use of all the different media you used.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will be able to join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Really gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the ATSM challenges. All the best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning project. The frame looks amazing and the centrepiece details are fabulous.
    Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...