My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 September 2016

Autumn colours at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hello there, it's time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this month our theme is 'Autumn Colours'. We're starting to see the first signs of those lovely autumn shades here so it's a perfect theme for this time of the year. My teamies have created some stunning projects to inspire you and we've got a fab prize from Flonzcraft for our lucky winner too! We do need you to ink up those clear/rubber stamps though, no digi stamps allowed!


I've had a lot of messy fun creating this wall hanging for my DT project.
My first job was to colour the image,  Autumn Medley from Chocolate Baroque with my Graph'it Markers. I cut her out and set to making a background for her.



 I began with corrugated card, spritzing with a little water to remover the top layer and then painting with shades of brown/orange/green/gold and copper acrylic paint. I set that aside to dry. Next I cut white card to size and stamped the image where I wanted her to give me a guide when I started sloshing paint around. I diluted some acrylic paints and created a background of runny paint in autumn shades by letting the paint run down the card. Once that was dry I applied distress ink in Brushed Corduroy to fill in any gaps.


I took lots of flowers, a little piece of tulke a grungeboard heart and key and some ribbon from my stash and sprayed them with Starburst stains and glimmer mists. While they were drying I used my glue gun to write 'Autumn' on my glass cutting mat. I had to have a few attempts but it was fun and for a change I managed not to burn my fingers lol. Once the wording had cooled I painted it with acrylics and highlighted with a little gilding wax.
I put the canvas together and added a few little berries, some raffia and a few more highlights using gilding wax.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Creative Artiste: Mixed Media
Fab'n'Funky: Fall colours
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Autumn colours with ribbon/trim
Simply Create Too: Fall colours

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

15 comments:

  1. This is a great art piece. I love the colouring and how it seems to rain those colours. I love the face of Mother Nature who seems to be brings fall to us

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was so much inky fun Claire and with brilliant effects from all the paint treatment.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous drips in autumnal colours! Great hanging, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Claire. The stamp that you've used is gorgeous and I love how much texture and dimension this piece has. It's great getting messy when crafting and I can see how much you've enjoyed making this. Sandra :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crafting skills always makes me jealous Claire. You manage to make so many gorgeous pieces and everyone is a masterpiece. Fabulous make sweets.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, I love how the drips blend so beautifully with this image. The word 'Autumn' looks amazing...well worth the burnt fingers! Love this.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is a stunning wall hanging. Thank you for joining us at <a href='http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/’> Creative Artiste Challenge Blog </a> for challenge 18 Anything Goes and the sponsor is Scrapmatts. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful wall hanging. Wonderful colours and texture and I love the image. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous creation. Love the beautiful colors and embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning hanging Claire, love the paint dripped background, gives a lovely feeling of movement, perfect for your image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing background you've created here, Claire. This is lovely, and I can't thank you enough for sharing with us in our Autumn Colors Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I hope you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful!! I really like all the painting you did and I love the image. Everything ties together very nice. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely creation.

    Thanks for sharing at Fab N Funky.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful Claire. I love it.
    Greets Carola

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely card and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...