My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Good morning folks, we've got a gorgeous colour palette to inspire you over at Chocolate Baroque Challenge blog and today I'm sharing the project I've made for inspiration.


The colour swatch is gorgeous and I thought it was a great excuse to use one of the beautiful new stamps from Chocolate Baroque, this lovely lady is called Summer Fair and she's gorgeous some beautiful sisters too , you can get the full set here.


I've used an Oval Basewood Plaque for the base of my project. After a coat of white gesso I created a crackle effect background by applying a coat of red acrylic paint, once that was dry I brushed on PVA glue and then a layer of cream paint. Once that was dry I applied a mixture of Maimeri Iridescent Paste and Gold acrylic paint through a stencil and again left it to dry. 

I coloured the focal image with Graph'It markers and cut her out before attaching her to the base. I've added raffia, dried flowers and a gingham bow topped with a paper poppy to finish off



I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Country View Crafts: Hot summer days
Crafty Awesomeness: Anything goes with a coloured image
Pile it on: Make your own background
Really Reasonable Ribbon: anything but a card with ribbon/trim

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely project Claire. You image is beautiful and so is your colouring. Thank you for joining in with our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View x
    Jane DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo beautiful Claire and adore everything from the background, (must try crackling with PVA), your colouring and all the embellies. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project!

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Carla DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is super fabulous. I love visiting your blog and viewing your work. You have done a magical job with this one. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project Claire! Your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great project ! Thanks for joining us over at Country View Challenges!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...