My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Evening all, here's my card for our colour challenge over at Chocolate Baroque Challenge. As always we've got a beautiful colour palette to inspire you and a fab prize for our lucky winner! We're all very excited as our lovely boss lady Lesley Wharton will be on the Craft Channel on Friday at 5pm with a fabulous mixed media show so don't forget to tune in!



I've made a quick card this time around, I stamped the butterfly (available as a single stamp here or as part of an A4 sheet 'Tangled Garden' here) with black versafine ink and then took some distress inks to coordinate with our colour palette and mixed them with a little water on my craft mat and splashed them on the card front with an old toothbrush. I used Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Peeled Paint and Picked Raspberry - a little artistic license as I was working from memory and thought it was pink not lilac lol.


I coloured the butterfly with my trusty old Sakura Stardust pens which give a gorgeous sparkle. I'm so chuffed these pens work as I've had them about 10 years and not used them for ages. The sentiment was also stamped with black versafine.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafting when we can: Clean and simple
Crafty Calendar: things with wings
Crafty Sentiments: something with wings
Try it on Tuesday: spots, dots and splashes

Thanks so much for popping by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty.i love the colours in the butterfly and how well you put the colours together

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colouring looks fantastic and the (nearly) clean design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...