My lovely blogland friends

Monday 1 February 2016

Splatters and Drips at Vintage Stamping Challenges

Good morning folks, we've got a new challenge starting at Vintage Stamping Challenges and our theme for February is 'Splatters and Drips'. We're a stamping challenge so make sure you ink up those rubber/clear stamps to play along (no digis allowed) and our lucky winner will receive a generous $20 voucher to spend at Flonzcraft!


I struggled a bit with this theme for some reason although I do love messy crafting. This was my last attempt lol. I began by stamping the focal images from the Flonzcraft stamp set 'Sweet Bird of Love' with versamark and embossing with Gold EP on cream card that I'd die cut. I then sprayed lots of glimmer mist over the embossing and let it drip down the cardstock.. Next I added some splatters of brown Tattered Angels glitter paint and left it to dry.


I used the same brown paint to give the birds a little definition and then added some stencilling with an Indigo Blu stencil and some gathered twigs distress ink. 
To finish off I've added a seambinding bow topped with a brass flower and a pretty bead and a brass bird charm.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Friends: animals/birds
Cut it up: love is in the air
My time to craft: love is all around
Sweet Stampin: Valentine
Wags'n'Whiskers: with love

Thanks so much for popping by today
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. I think this turned out really well. I love the splattered look as well as the aged look-love the edging

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super inky and splatter creation Claire, it's a fun theme isn't it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny I felt the same at the start and I chose the theme! Still, your make is inky and drippy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's lovely! You'd never know it was a struggle to get there - love your drippage!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Nice job with the stenciling.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Love is in the Air challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great colour combo and super card to share with us at MAWTT,Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Claire, I love the colour combo and all the inky and stencilly goodness! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation for our current challenge of add an animal/bird.. hope to see you again next challenge.xx..
     {aNNie Crafty Friends Challenge DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just back from the UK Claire after having a super time with the grandkids, Alex has just turned 16. The first few months of the New Year are busy times for me going backwards and forwards to the UK. Amber will be 18 in March!!!

    Thank you for being such a trooper at VSC.

    Last attempt or not I bet the others were equally as good as this one. The drips and splatters look super cool

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card. Fits our challenge perfectly.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours and lovely grungy design. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin’ this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful inky goodness! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOVE this! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with CRAFTY FRIENDS 'Animal/Bird' Challenge... good luck and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.
    Diane Louise (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...