My lovely blogland friends

Monday 8 September 2014

Guest Designer at Love to Create

Good afternoon folks, its a very exciting day for me today! I'm such a happy bunny to be joining the lovely talented team at Love to Create as Guest Designer! The theme for the challenge is 'flowers and stitching'  and there are two fabulous sponsors A Day for Daisies and Yours and Mine Papercrafts. I was lucky enough to be able to work with one of the gorgeous images from  A Day for Daisies and I chose 'Girl with wind in her hair', isn't she a beauty?


I had a lot of fun colouring the image with my Graph'It markers, I also used my markers to create the background. I don't often use markers for backgrounds but I really like the effect. Once I'd coloured her I had a bit of a panic as I wasn't sure which papers to use but I found these from Lili of the Valley which match perfectly. I've used tea dye distress ink to distress all the edges and kraft card for matting and layering.


I've added some flowers made using more of the papers, die cut with Heartfelt Creations dies, popping some little pearls in the centres. Now on to my stitching, I had some gorgeous tulle trim ages ago but it was really expensive so I decided to have a go and make my own. I got some pretty cream tulle, cut a strip and cut it into a fringe, snipping quite randomly. I stitched along the top and then gathered it up before attaching it to my card. The top was an awful mess but I covered it up with some seam binding ribbon topped with a pretty button and some twine.
To finish off I've added a little butterfly charm that I brushed with gesso and sprinkled with a little glamour dust.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
A Creative Romance: a touch of craft
A Day for Daisies: painterly effects
Stamping Sensations: things with wings
That's Crafty: girl power
The Ribbon Girl: add ribbon

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Claire! Beautifully coloured and a lovely design! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your GD spot Claire and of course it is what you have done with her that makes her a beauty.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Claire, I love the heartfelt creations flowers (a favorite of mine at the moment) beautiful colours too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love how you've coloured this image. Saw it on the ADFD challenge and just had to pop over and say how much I love it! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Claire! Your background paper is beautiful and your image is so romantic! I loft your soft colours and your flowers are fabulous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Claire, this card is stunning. Love the vintage feminine feel to this beautiful card. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so beautiful... Love the coloring and that background - how clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design and colours Claire, absolutely perfect for our theme at Stamping Sensations, thanks so much for joining in and sharing your lovely work with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and I like your background painting! thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl card challenge, good luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! this is lovely. I will follow your blog now.
    Leona x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again I have to say how "Gorgeous" your card is! Love colors and design! It was a true pleasure having you as our Guest Designer at Love to Create this week!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...