My lovely blogland friends

Monday 11 November 2013

Icy Fragment

Good morning folks,oooh  its an exciting day in our house today as my son starts his new job!! Unfortunately I've got to go to my old job but hey ho such is life. Today's card features some of the gorgeous new stamps from Chocolate Baroque, I've used one of the gorgeous images from Gothic Angels on a background made using one of the fab new stamps, Nature Fragments


I've used glossy card for the background and randomly applied tumbled glass, broken chine and a little shaded lilac distress inks and then overstamped with the icy fragment using the same colours. I've edged the background with tea dye distress ink and matted it on some kraft card. The main image was stamped on kraft card and embossed with sparkly white embossing powder. I stamped the image again on smooth white card and coloured with Graph'It Markers. Next I cut the image out and layered it up on the kraft card. I layered the image up over some cheesecloth, coloured with distress inks and added a little bow and some Marianne die cut snowflakes topped with little pearls.



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters: Christmas Sparkle
A Creative Romance: Winter blues
Christmas Stamping all year long: winter warmth (use fabric)
Colour me Creative: Christmas frosty and cold
Marianne Design Divas: Christmas/winter
Sugar Creek Hollow: anything vintage goes
Thanks for popping by today
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire. Love the icy background especially.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The warn rich colours of your angel have a distinctly frosty look with the way you layered her so as to allow the white nimbus to catch the eye. Your Tea Dye edging of the background plus matting onto kraft contrasts beautifully with the lilac/aqua tones & the cheesecloth in similar hues gives an almost ethereal sense when combined with the angel - you can almost imagine the fragility of her clothing with ice & snow crystals encrusting it.
    You certainly sparked my imagination with this one.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That image is gorgeous!!! I love the white embossing on the kraft and then how you colored the image. You integrated the image so perfectly that I was wondering how you managed to get the skin tones on the kraft. Nice little trick. : ) Love your bow and those snowflakes, too. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Claire...I love the image and wonderful colours and details...superb.
    Thanks for joining in with us at “Crafty Little Fairies..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just stunning! Fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at CMC.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Een prachtige kaart!
    Dank je wel voor je bijdrage bij MD Divas. Jammer dat je niet meer produkten van MD heb gebruikt dan alleen de ijssterren. Het id bedoeling dat je min. 3 produkten ervan gebruikt.
    Groetjes Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is stunning, I love the image and colours with such gorgeous detailing too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the textures and the colour scheme - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...