My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chocolate Orange Box

Good morning my lovelies, I've been playing with Kroma Crackle again, I think i'm addicted to this stuff lol. This months challenge at Indigo Blu is  Chocolate Orange, well I adore Chocolate Oranges but its not a colour combination I often use in my crafting but I couldn't resist having a play.


I took a little wooden box and painted it with brown acrylic paint and sealed it with Maimeri Gloss Medium, sanded it a wee bit for a distressed look and then edged with some treasure gold. I coloured some Kroma Crackle with orange acrylic paint and spread it over some brown card. Once it was dry, I sealed it and  used it to cover the box


The butterfly is an Indigo Blu Dinkie stamp, I stamped on vellum with Flitter glu and applied Autumn Blaze gilding flakes. I cut the butterfly out and then used a little ball tool to add some texture to the butterfly wings. I coloured some little pearls with my Graph'It markers and used them for the butterfly's body.

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks: anything but a card
Crafting for all Seasons: Autumn colours
Crafty Creations: Autumn Colours
Docerela Creations: Brown and orange
Wags'n'Whiskers: Fall colours

Well as usual I'm scooting off to work so have a good day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx


14 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creation Claire. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Claire. The Kroma crackle covering is fab and the butterfly is gorgeous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Claire that butterfly is stunning
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterfly! Love it. I hope you are having a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I am in love with your butterfly, and so surprised to read it is vellum. The whole project is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! That butterfly is fabulous! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job, lovely details.

    Leanne DT @4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh ...... this is gorgeous Claire, love the butterfly. Thanks for joining in with this months IndigoBlu challenge ...... Good luck .... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow gorgeous box!!! love the colors for it. That butterfly is stunning.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Wags ‘n whiskers. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Docerela this week.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, this is lovely, it has a really vintage aged feel with the Kroma, well done and thank you for joining us this month at Indigoblu.
    Nikki K. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love that butterfly, glad you entered the chocolate orange challenge
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire, Ive just posted my entry into the Indigo blu challenge and your beautiful butterfly just jumped out at me so I had to pop over and have a closer look. Your box is stunning, I love all that Kroma crackle. Good luck in the challenge. Hugs Mo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...