My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 3 November 2013

Anything but ink on the catwalk at FSC

Hi folks, hope you're having a good weekend. We're having soooooo much rain here lately I think I should be building an ark not making cards lol. Anyway enough about the rain, its time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time our theme is 'Anything but ink' chosen by my lovely teamie Laura. As always our lucky winner will receive a fab prize from our generous sponsor Flonzcraft so grab your stamps (no digis allowed!) and join us but remember to stamp with something other than ink! Now I had to rack my brain a bit for this one but decided to try stamping with acrylic paint for my project.

I've used a shaped card blank from Craft Work Cards and used PanPastels to create the background. The stamps are from the Wild Meadow themeplate from Chocolate Baroque and I used the gorgeous new Maimeri Acryic paints to stamp with, they come in the most scrummy metallic colours and as they are so rich and buttery they stamp beautifully. I wasn't sure how this would work as the stamps are very detailed but I'm quite pleased with the result.


I've edged the card with more Maimeri Acrylic, in bronze which is my absolute favourite colour.I've added some chocolate brown seam binding, a couple of metal leaf charms and some little paper flowers. 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Deep Ocean: button it up
LEJ Designs: anything goes
Moving along with the times: No designer papers
Really Reasonable Ribbon: autumn leaves plus ribbon
Totally papercrafts: button it up
Wags'n'Whiskers: fall colours

Well my blogs going to be a hive of activity today as I'll be back later with projects for SplodgeAway and Premium Craft Brands so hopefully blogger will play nicely and post them as I've got a busy day lined up at home too.
Thanks so much for popping by, if you've got a minute have a look here and check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented teamies
Claire xx 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Claire, love the shape and the colours are gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colours on this and the delicate images. The layered and shaped card looks gorgeous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Claire, and it is good to go out off our comfort zone, isn't it... thank you for sharing with us at LEJ Designs, this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous soft colouring, its a fantastic shaped card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look what you can do with som acrylic paint- realy beautiful! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Deep Ocean. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those stamps have kept their detail beautifully, i always end up with a gloopy blob when I try and stamp with paint !! Gorgeous card - love the pretty shape...Esther

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire. I would never have guessed that you stamped with acrylic paint! The detail is superb. And the colours so soft! This is totally gorgeous Claire.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful non ink stamping. Love the card your and the lovely shape! Funny that I also used acrylic paint, but then spayed over it with Primer!!! Actually, I just have to put it together to post and forgot! Thanks for the reminder!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stamping with these acrylic paints!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire how late am I in saying what a beautiful make for FSC. Everything is delicious looking.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...