My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 13 November 2013

A SplodgeAway Christmas

Hello folks, well the week is half way through and we're getting in the Christmas spirit over at SplodgeAway, there are so many gorgeous masks in the SplodgeAway range I was totally spoiled for choice! I used the gorgeous Christmas Village Stenskape for the main scene and the Snowflake border for the background.


The background was made by blending black soot distress ink on some ivory card and then stamping with a pretty Chocolate Baroque snowflake stamp and then applied white stencil paste through the snowflake border through here and there on the background. Once it was dry I added some little red gems. 

I used distress inks to create the scene and added lots of glitter, I love this little scene its soooo pretty. I've had a few people ask about this mask as it looks very complicated but my advice is not to be too careful, just go for it. 

To finish off I've added a die cut poinsettia with pearls in the centre, some holly vines, a seambinding bow topped with a Thermomorph heart - this stuff is really versatile, I'd made quite a few little hearts and wanted to glitter one so I just heated one up a bit and the glitter stuck! 
I'm entering this in the following challenges
C is for Challenge: winter is coming
Crafty Bloggers: Christmas
Deep Ocean: winter
Papertake Weekly: Snow and ice
Sparkle 'n'Sprinkle: anything goes with glitter, ep or flock
Totally Papercrafts: glitter
Thanks for calling by today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Wow...this has to be my favourite xmas card that I've seen so far...totally gorgeous Claire.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire! This is soooo pretty, love the aging and the poinsettia is beautiful and adds such a nice color contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire
    Such a wonderful scene and framed beautifully.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card. Love the image and the fab detail and colours. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Claire.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this gorgeous scene Claire, a great way to use masks. Think I'll have to invest in this set.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little scene its very creatief tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Claire, I love the colour combination, the splashes of red really make this card something special. Those masks look fab, hugs Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Claire. So very creative - love how you added the black soot. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card love the use of the stencil.Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network with our Christmas challenge , hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely card, love the design. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...