My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 3 November 2013

All about the men at SplodgeAway

Good morning folks, how's your week going? Today's card is for our 'All about the men' week at SplodgeAway, pop over and have a peek at all the gorgeous projects from my talented teamies.


I had a play with my gelli plate and two SplodgeAway masks, Complex Frame and the man silhouette from the Altered Art Kit (you can find them both here). I made quite a few prints using some gorgeous metallic Maimeri Acrylic paints - this began as one of the prints. The paint acts as a resist  so I used distress inks and a spritz of water on my SplodgeAway mat to make an inky background and swooshed my print through it. I really liked this effect although its a bit camera shy so I didn't want to cover it up, I just added some twine, seam binding ribbon, a button , twine and a little key charm.

I'm entering this one in the following challenges:
Craft room Challenge: stencil/mask
A Creative Romance: add metal
Craftitude: anything goes/use twine or string
Crafty Hands: anything goes
Rhedd and Rosie's: anything goes
Simon says stamp: anything goes
thanks so much for taking the time to visit today, 
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. Fab masculine card!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic masculine card thankyou for joining us this fortnight in our challenge at Craftitude good luck fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creation! Great vintage colours! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab, sounds like you had a wonderful messy inky time with this one. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card! I like the copper colors you used! Thanks for joining us this week at Craft-Room Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This background is FAB! Great guy card. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!!! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card, great mask!
    thank you for sharing at craft-room challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great technique, love the finished card. Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 18th Challenge at Rhedd and Rosies Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created such a gorgeous background and silhouette. The colours are amazing. I love the simple twine treatment, gorgeous bow, button and key. Everything works beautifully together. Thanks for joining our Craftitude Add Twine challenge this fortnight. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, love the effect and the background looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craftitude this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...