My lovely blogland friends

Friday 8 November 2013

Christmas fun with PolkaDoodles

Good morning my lovelies, sorry i've been a wee bit quiet this week - as always I've been soooo busy at work but also my DS has had a job interview .... after struggling to find regular work for years he has finally been offered a full time job so I'm over the moon for him! We had a couple of glasses of bubbly to celebrate last night so I'm feeling a little bit delicate this morning lol. Anyway its Friday again so its time for another fun challenge at Polkadoodles and this week we've got a fun tag theme going on. Make sure you pop over to the challenge blog to find out all about the fab prize and check out the amazing inspiration from my lovely teamies.


 I've used 4 tags made from red cardstock stuck together to create a luminary and added 4 images coloured with Graph'It Markers.  I would never have thought of this idea, but my lovely teamie Judith over at Chocolate Baroque created one of these a few weeks ago so I thought I'd have a bash and make one. The images are from the fab Here Comes Christmas Cd.  The backing paper is from the same cd and I've added some snowflake vellum to the die cut apertures. I've popped a battery operated tea light in side and topped it some some scraps of ribbon and lace. Here are some pics of the gorgeous images I've used



I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
All Crafts: anything but a card
Allsorts: Christmas Cheer
Fab'n'Funky: traditional Christmas Colours
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: use a negative die cut
Gem of a Challenge: Christmas is coming
Little Red Wagon: Christmas tag

Have a good day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea this! Love your luminary!! Oh and congrats to your DS, that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. That will make a fab little light for Christmas decs.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son Claire no wonder you are proud
    Love your tag project
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness its fabulous, so very well made.....what a super project..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic creation, and so very very well made....its lovely..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project with super cute images! Congratulations to your son.. Thanks for playing in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing project, thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze challenges, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mercy! Your luminary is beautiful! I cannot imagine how much work you put in to this lovely creation! I am so glad you were able to play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I am in love with each side of your creation Claire! Gorgeous details! Thanks for playing along with our "Negative Energy" challenge at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous box! Love all the images, they are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire you project is amazing! The images are coloured beautifully and I love the papers!
    Great work!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...