My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Some of my favourite things

Hello there my lovelies, I'm back at work this morning after a long weekend off work but before I go I just wanted to share a project made using lots of my favourite things. The challenge over at IndigoBlu is 'Love is all you need' so I've used some of my favourite Indigo Blu stamps to make this little canvas. I've also used lots of embellies from Craft Box too,  Anna from Craft Box has a very special box of goodies on Hochanda today so if you have time do check it out.


I began by misting my canvas with mica sprays in shades of pink, once that was dry I used IndigoBlu fine texture paste to stencil in the chicken wire and left it to dry. I added some stamping using Memento Lilac Posies ink and the dinkie script stamp from the last IndigoBlu ODS. I filled some of the little shapes on the background with deeper pink mica spray and then added sparkly mod podge to others. I added a few blobs of sparkly ModPodge here and there too. I sprayed some Foamiran Flowers made using Sizzix Tattered Florals with mica sprays, this was a bit of an experiment and they took ages to dry but have a pretty subtle effect


I glued on the flowers, some lace, ribbon and pearl trim, adding some leaves that I'd painted with gold acrylic paint and dusted with glitter. I used stamps from IndigoBlu's Mr Darcy stamps and coloured with pencils before cutting out and layering on my project. I added some gilding flackes and a little more pink mica spray/ To finish off I've added some large hat pins decorated with Craft Box beads and a little cameo, also from Craft Box.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers: add some texture
Dream Valley: add some metal
IndigoBlu: love is all you need
In the pink: Dies or punches plus pink
Lost Coast Designs: Lovers plus rubber stamps
Sweet Stampin: flowers

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. So romantic! And pretty... and feminine! The embellishments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! Love a bit of P&P :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful canvas Claire, Love is the right word for this. (I also love Craft Box goodies as well)!Thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous textures and layering you've achieved with this romantic piece! We're so glad you're playing along with us for the Lovers event over at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunningly romantic piece of art! I love your colour palette, the textures & all the embellishments! Thx for playing in our Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I just adore this. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece. Thanks for playing in our challenge at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
    Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers Add Some Texture Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very beautiful Claire - love what you have done here and thanks for joining the indigo blu chllenge - hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project, thanks for joining us at In The Pink xx Stacey S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...