My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 12 February 2017

Foamiran flowers

Good morning my lovelies, I hope you're having a good weekend. The weather here is dreadful, cold wet and grey so it's perfect for staying in and crafting. I've seen lots of gorgeous Foamiran flowers around onlne and I wanted to have a go and make some myself so I had a play and made this little canvas.


Here's a pic of the flowers, the foam die cuts beautifully and I bottled out of the advice to heat in on an iron as I'm so clumsy I knew I'd end up with burnt fingers so I had a go with my heat gun and I was happy with the result. I think next time I'll try hair straighteners and see how they work. I've used ivory Foamiran from Craft Box and coloured it with Distress Inks.


The dies I used to make the flowers and leaves are all from Polkadoodles, you can find them here. The background was made with torn tissue paper and some brick stencilling. I gave it a coat of watered down gesso and then used IndigoBlu acrylic paints in pastel shades. I used highlights of gilding wax here and there, some Decoart Crackle Paint and stamping with background stamps from Polkadoodles Belle Papillon stamp set. 

I added some SnipArt heart background, a layer of cheesecloth and then arranged the flowers and the 'love' word which was embossed with Shabby Pink Frantage Powder. I added some gold microbeads and a couple of butterflies (stamped and die cut using Doublet Dies from Polkadoodles)

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

A Vintage Journey: words that are special
Allsorts: Hearts/Flowers
Artistic Stampers: Love hearts
Stamps and Stencils: Texture, crackle and paint
That's Crafty: I heart you

Thanks so much for visiting, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx 

7 comments:

  1. Claire, this is lovely. I really like the soft colors you've used, they are reminding me of spring. Beautiful textures, layers and full of love! Thanks for sharing the love with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Maura xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous soft pastels, so beautiful creation. Lovely flowers, haven't tried yet.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning make Claire. Love those wonderful layers and soft colours
    Thank you for hopping on board at AVJ this month
    Best wishes
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these gorgeous layers. The treatment to the "love" is exquisite and I love the chippie hearts. Great make! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...