My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 5 February 2017

Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes at We Love 2 Create

Good morning my lovelies, we actually had some sunshine yesterday which was a welcome change from all the grey skies we've been used to. Hopefully Spring isn't too far away now. My project today is for our new challenge over at We Love 2 Create where our theme is 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes'. You don't have to use our products to enter and of course we have a lovely prize of some crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands for our lucky winner too!


For my DT project I've altered a little MDF Toadstool house using my Pans and stamps/dies from Polkadoodles. I gave the mdf a coat of white gesso to start off with and once that was dry I coloured the top of the toadstool and the door with shades of Permanent Red PanPastel. I used the darker shades around the edges and the brightest red in the middle. I had a bit of an experiment with the stalk as I decided to put my stencil paste on tissue paper, let it dry and colour it rather than just applying it to the mdf directly. I thought this may be useful on 3d projects as the tissue is very flexible so I'll be doing that again in the future. I coloured the bricks with a little Burnt Sienna and Burnt Sienna Tint PanPastel. The flowers, light and fence were all die cut using dies from Polkadoodles. The windows were made using stamps from Pilakdoodles. I added some faux moss and a little brad for a door handle. I used white pearl Cosmic shimmer glue to create the spots on the roof of my little fairy house. I'm really annoyed with myself as I have a gorgeous Toadstool border die from Polkadoodles which would have been perfect with this make but I totally forgot all about it until I was writing this up! I'll have to remember next time.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge: X marks the spots or dots
Fussy and Fancy: Fussy and Fancy
Simon Says Stamp: Colour of love
Star Stampz: lots of red

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. With or without the toadstool border, this is a beautiful and original make! What's not to love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the cutest thing ever. I love the pearl polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is just stunning !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This toadstool house is so adorable. What a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How wonderful is this? LOVE it all. Amazing details. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that texture! Great make, thanks for joining us at Star Stampz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing. A brilliant wall hanging and such fun.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...