My lovely blogland friends

Friday 3 February 2017

Kingfisher Scene from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, my first project today features this months beautiful new stamps from Chocolate Baroque which were on Hochanda on Tuesday, if you missed the shows you can still see them on the Hochanda website!!

I've used s a real mix of stamps to create this wallhanging. I had saved the packaging from a calendar and thought this corrugated card would make a perfect backing for a little scenic stamping. I began by spritzing the card with water so that I could pull off the top layer and then applied acrylic paint here and there.


Next I cut 3 squares of watercolour card and stamped all the images to create the impression of a winding stream. I spent a happy couple of hours painting the scene with distress inks before distressing the edges with a little Vintage Photo distress ink. I added some scraps of cheesecloth, a tiny brass bird charm, faux moss, paper flowers and a hessian bow topped with a button. 

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Colouring in Scrapland: Anything goes
Colour Inspiration Monday: Anything goes with a hand coloured image
Corrosive Challenges: Anything goes
Dare 2 b Artzy: Something new (new stamps)

Thanks so much for popping by. hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful wall hanging, you've created a lovely tranquil scene with your fabulous stamping.Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous wall hanging Claire, beautiful images and colours, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...