My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 15 July 2012

Sun Sea and Sand at PanPastel UK

Hi there, back again with my post for the new challenge over at PanPastel UK where the theme is 'Sun Sea and Sand'. A nice reminder of what we should be seeing this time of year not all this rain and cloud lol.

You may have noticed that i've got a bit of an obsession with creating clouds and seascapes with my panpastels so I hope you're not fed up of seeing them yet. This card was inspired by artwork on the Wetcanvas website here. I don't have any proper canvas paper but I was inspired to try using my Pans on kraft card to give a nice sandy effect for the beach. I've used white, paynes grey, blues and turquoise panpastel for this project and added some detail with Derwent Pastel Pencils.

I wanted the sea to be the focus of this card so I've kept it very clean and simple and just added a stamped verse from Chocolate Baroque's 'Seagull Collage' stamp sheet.

I'm entering this card in the the challenge from Art with no Boundaries where the theme is Anything goes with Summer skies. It also fits the challenge from Deep Ocean where the theme is 'Sea of Love' and this weeks gorgeous colour palette from The Play Date Cafe

Don't forget you can win a fab PanPastel starter set from our regular sponsor Berni at Your Creativity Store
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx

17 comments:

  1. This is just so clever... A great piece of work as always from you Claire.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Claire that's fantastic !
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful effect you've achieved with the pastels - sun, sand and sea sounds good and we can dream. Relentless rain is getting a bit monotonous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could tire of this work of art Claire....this is fabulous, if it was bigger I would put it on my wall...gorgeous work.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sun, sea & sand scene is simply brilliant Claire, hope you have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, making my sea look like it was done by a five year old!!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Claire - what a stunning piece! i love it!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hunny the inspiration paid off, this looks so lifelike. You are one clever crafter with those Pans Pastels, best I've seen.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, your clouds are stunning on this picture and love how you have given 'movement' to the sea, it is all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely stunning and fits with your verse completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Claire this is totally amazing ! I've just stared at it for ages, gorgeous ! Sue Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not been by for ages but I can see you've not lost your touch. That card is amazing. Love how you've created the depth to the sea, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in ore of your colouring! I agree with Sue C!!
    And did the same.
    Beautiful work of art!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean.
    Love,mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Claire, your creations using Pan Pastels are just amazing. If only you gave lessons. If only the weather was like in you picture, I know I'm not the only one fed up with the constant rain.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING Claire, you have perfected the techniques perfectly for sea and sky. I must have a go at it.
    I hope all is well with you.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing arwtork Claire. Your scenes created with Pan Pastels are terrific and I could never tire of them. The sea and clouds are brill.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire! This is fantastic and absolutely gorgeous! WOW! I'm speechless! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...