My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 15 July 2012

Get inky and messy at FSC

Hi there, sorry I'm awol at the minute, my hubby is still very poorly in hospital and I've also got computer gremlins. Fingers crossed things will soon settle down but in the mean time here's a very quick post with my DT card for Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Our theme this time around is 'Get Inky and Messy' chosen by our very own top model Shirley :-)


I've used distress inks on glossy card to create this card. The background was made with the spring distress inks with the addition of some tumbled glass and shabby shutters. I've used stamps from Stampers Anonymous 'Papillion' and coloured the main image with distress markers. The flowers were made from Crinoline Fabric coloured with distress inks and stamped with text using black archival ink. You can see them a bit better here

 

I've added some black buttons, die cut foliage and some more little butterflies 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Classy cards and such: Handmade flowers
The Stamp Man: Anything goes summer colours
Totally Papercrafts: Lots of layers

Thanks for popping by. I hope you are keeping out of all this rain, it never seems to let up does it? 
Claire xx






17 comments:

  1. Hi Claire...So sorry to hear that your hubby is having a pretty hard time at the moment :( I hope all turns out well for you both! (((hugs)))
    I am really loving the colours on this card. A really beautiful creation clarie. I love it
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous creation Claire! love those flowers. hope hubby improves soon - Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG wish I was the top model I could do with another figure. lol

    Love this card Claire and everything you have done with it especially those flowers they are gorgeous

    Hope you have a fabulous Sunday sweets and will talk soon.

    Hugs Shirley x x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, this is absolutely stunning - love the colours and the dimension and you have used my fav butterfly stamp too. Hope hubby is soon well enough to come home. Best wishes, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire! Love the colours and the butterflies :). And those flowers look so fab!! Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, so sorry to hear that your husband is not well and I hope that changes really soon! Your card in the soft yellow and blue is stunning! Just love the flowers and butterflies and all your inky goodness! Take care and sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card, love all the butterflies and the wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Claire, love the colours and those great blooms.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty Claire ! Love the colour palette you've used and the flowers are gorgeous. Hope your hubby is on the road to recovery. Sue Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Claire, love the background with the butterflies and beautiful blooms.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely summery colours, and the stamping in beautiful black really pings at the centre of it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card, thanks for playing along with TPC this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful. Your flowers are gorgeous. I've not heard of crinoline fabric but it's obviously great for the job in hand.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE all the butterflies floating around! You are a busy girl, only a day later, and I had to scroll past a lot of other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a rich work of art and of course the butterflies are gorgeous.
    Hope hubby is better soon.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours and detail in this Claire, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those flowers! Thanks for playing along with our Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...