My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 8 July 2012

Ice Cream colours at PanPastel UK

Good morning, we're having some really horrendous weather here at the minute but hopefully this card will be a little reminder of summer. Our theme this week at PanPastel UK is 'Icecream colours' . I've gone for neapolitan with pink, yellow and brown yum scrum :-)

I've used stamps from 'Carousel horses' by Chocolate Baroque for this card. I blended hansa yellow tint, red tint and white panpastel on some white card and then stamped the icecream cone stamp and coloured with PanPastels using one of the dinky little Sofft Mini Applicators which are brilliant for detailed areas. I created the little scene by stamping the carousel horse and the helterskelter and then adding a PanPastel cloudy sky. I stamped the bunting  and then used a pencil eraser to remove the panpastel where I wanted to colour the images. I coloured the images with PanPastels adding some detail with distress markers. The image is decoupaged and has some gold embossing on the top layer. I've added ribbon and lace from my stash and lots of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. You can see the detail a bit better here:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Bearly Mine: ribbon and bows
By the cute and girly: A day at the ...... funfair
Delicious Doodles: Summer holiday
Simply Create too: summer/vacation
Sparkles Forum: summer fun
Totally Papercrafts: here comes summer
Tuesday throwdown: summer time


Don't forget our lucky winner will receive a trial set of PanPastels thanks to our generous sponsor Berni from Your Creativity Store

Thanks for popping by and all your lovely comments. Its still hectic here as hubby isn't getting any better and work is busy so I'm rushing around like a headless chicken. Hopefully this afternoon I'll be able to find my mojo and grab a few hours in my craft room
Have a lovely Sunday
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. A bit chilly here for icecream but I love the colours you've used and the images. I might just have to succumb and get some PPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Claire. Love the scene you have created (the sky is awesome) and the ice cream cone background is delightful.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Claire - particularly love the background images & sky effect!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire. This is a fantastic card using delicious summer colours. I love the depth you've created. Hope you are well. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty you have created this week Claire, the colours are lovely, love all the flowers. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire, your card is absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous..the colors..the flowers..the beautiful carisol horse..lovely..lovely.lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card Claire, such pretty stamps and gorgeous ice cream colours. I am sorry to hear hubbie is still not better, wishing him a speedy recovery and I hope you manage to get your crafting time in.
    Take care.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, I love your card this week, it is stunning. Love the horse particularly, the colours, the banner, the flowers - well everything really. It really is quite stunning. A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely summer card
    thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodlesx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Claire this is so very beautiful that image is magnificent, the colours and that flower display look amazing, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearly Mine this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Claire
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!

    Thank you for joining us at Sparkles challenges for our * Summer Fun * challenge.

    Hope you will join us again, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...