My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 19 July 2012

Poppy centre step card

Hi there, my card share today uses stamps from Pretty Poppies and Dusky Damask, both new stamp sheets from Chocolate Baroque


I don't know about you but I always struggle with these type of cards (well any kind of fancy fold really) but Glenda's template really does make it a lot easier. You can find it here

I was pleased that the gorgeous floral borders from Dusky Damask fitted the template beautifully. I just stamped them, coloured with promarkers and matted on some red card before attaching to the card base. I  used two strips of the narrow border and covered the join with a sentiment from Pretty Poppies and a creative acrylic tag. The main image is from Pretty Poppies, again coloured with promarkers and matted on red card. I didn't want a lot of embellishments with these gorgeous images so I just added some little red gems.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Penny Black and more: summer blooms
Stamp n plus: Anything goes

I'm also entering this into Brenda's 'Poppies' Challenge on her blog Floral Fantasies. Brenda's artwok is stunning so her blog is always an inspiration but at the minute she has a fab  £20 Sir Stampalot voucher to be won

Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Wow - what a stunner. The poppies are beautiful and the border stamps are so delicate. Perfect for this card fold. Love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous as always Claire. love the different style of card - looks very effective.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, I struggle with what to put on the edges more than making the card itself but your card looks so beautiful, nothing nicer than a poppy and you have really set the poppy image off with the side borders - thanks for the inspiration, as always. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real beauty Claire - love the way the touch of blue in the butterfly just draws the eye & the sheer vivacity of the whole.
    You brightened my morning with this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those poppies, Claire! Beautiful coloring and love the design! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you can say you struggled as it looks amazing. I so love poppies, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire.....another gorgeous make. Love the borders, they are absolutely stunning. Poppies are one of my favourites too. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, so happy to be on the DT team with you ! Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautifully coloured, love it. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty Claire. Very different for you but fabulously designed and made
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poppy stamps seem to be very popular at the moment. Your card is beautiful. hank you for posting to the Stamp N Plus challenge. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Clare,


    A chance to look at this stunning Poppy card again, it really is totally beautiful. I resisted buying the poppy stamp sheet the other day but I think I need to return as it's at real need item.

    Thank you so much for sharing your summer blooms with us at Penny Black and More this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Work, love the flower and the beautiful colors.
    xoxo Clarissa
    PS: Thanks for joining us at ASC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And here I am yet again Claire,

    Thank you for making me a happy camper joining in my little challenge.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun folded card. I love the colors with the white background. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card lovely use of the poppies thanks for your comments on my blog and for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the poppy stamp and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining the Summer Blooms challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...