My lovely blogland friends

Friday 6 July 2012

Paper piecing at Crafty Ann's

Hi there, a very quick post as I've got internet gremlins, hubby is in hospital and I don't know if I'm on my a**e or my elbow at work so apologies for being awol this week. Hopefully I'll catch up with my blogland buddies at the weekend but before I rush off to work here's my DT card for the new challenge over at Crafty Ann's Challenge where the theme is paper piecing


I've used papers from Crafty Ann's scrummy Tempting Turquoise collection. The bp has some flitter glued and gilded swirls added to it using a stamp from Chocolate Baroque and I've used one of the other bps from the collection to paper piece the dress. I've combined Anns' papers with stamps from Joanna Sheen. You can seethe lovely lady better here, she's actually a bride but I've cut her veil off for this card. I've used some gold vellum for her bodice and underskirt.


To finish off I've added some gold stickles to the flowers on the backing paper and some gold ribbon. 

Right, I'm off to earn a crust, have a happy Friday
thanks for popping by
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, your card is gorgeous and thank you for tip about removing veils, it does not look like a wedding image at all now - great idea! A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire, this is STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING. Hope hubby is OK. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - this is gorgeous Claire. I've got that oval JS stamp and hardly used it. Love the way you've used it behind the image.
    Thinking of you lots and sending cyber hugs.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your gorgeous card Claire, wishing your husband a speedy recovery. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so rich and luscious Claire. You've coloured this lovely lady beautifully and the paper piecing is out of this world - in fact the whole card is!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful card Claire! Sorry to here about your husband being in hospital. Hope he gets well soon!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire this is stunning ! The colours are so rich & vibrant. Your creations are always a treat. Greetings from Canada, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Claire this is stunning, wow, when I first saw this it took my breathe away, absolutely beautiful.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous Claire, a beautiful stamp and I love the colours and your paper piecing.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic, her blue dress looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...