My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Dusky Damask and distress markers

Hi there, today's card features the new Dusky Damask themeplate available at Chocolate Baroque and distress markers. I love these pens and i'm really enjoying trying them out with different types of card and different techniques


I applied distress markers to the stamp and stamped on to the Ranger card, I only had the ATC size card so I used two together. I've often struggled with getting a crisp image with this technque in the past but it works beautifully on this card. I overstamped with Claudine Helmuth Matte Multi Medium and left it to dry. The multi medium acts as a resist so that inking over the card with distress inks leaves a white halo around the image. The backing paper is from Decadent Brocade

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Card making mamas: Rubber stamping
Crafty Creations: Free for all
Do you stack up: cool colours
That Craft Place: Anything goes

Thanks for popping by
Claire xx





12 comments:

  1. Hi Claire ....brilliant idea placing ATC's together and the stamped image is gorgeous. Really complements the background. The colours used are very summary too....hopefully we see more blue skies !! Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Claire. Do I need Distress Markers??? The image looks fab split into two - such neat idea and the inky background is so beautifully subtle.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Claire - just love those blue shades!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of forget-me-nots. Lovely combination with the touch of pink amongst the browns & the little blue flowers. Intriguing technique with the Matte Medium.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire, love the way the image is stamped and beautiful colours.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Claire, my favourite colours at the moment - this is absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it. A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab technique Claire, love the colour choice too, gorgeous. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Claire, like Beryl, 'do I need them'. Beautiful colours and lovely stamp.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful creation Claire, love it.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. a gorgeus make , love the colours and the ATCs match the background perfectly . thanks for joining us at ATCs and Cards with attitude xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...