My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 21 April 2011

Sweet Treats with the Rainbow Lady

This week our challenge over at Rainbow Lady's Challenge is Sweet Treats for Easter! 
We have a really fab prize up for grabs too.... our lucky winner will receive stamps to the value of £15 from The Artistic Stamper!! Mmm I wonder if I can disguise myself and enter lol?

Now I don't normally make many Easter cards and only have a couple of Easter stamps in my stash so I didn't have a lot of choice for my DT card. I've used this gorgeous stamp - Fantasy Easter Ocean by Ching Chou Kuik from Sweet Pea Stamps for my card. The bunnies are so cute and there are some little Easter eggs there honest :-)


I've painted the image with distress inks, I love using these inks but it takes me sooooo long to do lol. This kept me out of mischief for hours. I've used a bp from Raspberry Road Designs and distressed it with a craft knife. I die cut the border with my cuttlebug and coloured it with wild honey distress ink. The leaves are stamped using Sheena Douglass stamps and made the flower by punching 6 flowers with a woodware punch using copier paper. I sprayed the punched flowers with starfish and yellow daisy glimmer mists and layered them up once the were dry.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Creatalicious: Easter plus pink green yellow and blue
Daring Cardmakers: Spring or Easter
Fabulous Friday: homemade embellishment
Pile it on: Use a rubber stamp

Thanks for calling by, I hope you're going to share your sweet treats with us this week.
I'm counting down now, one more day at work and then I have 11 days off :-) I know I keep going on about it but I'm soooo looking forward to some time off! Make sure you pop over to my teamies blogs and check out their beautiful work, they have come up with some fab inspiration again this week :-)
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you again next week.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colors. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations Paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, this is so beautiful! Love the colors; your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations Paint. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination! Great Easter Card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great image and you've coloured it beautifully. Great card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful, such a pretty colour.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! Your colouring is amazing!Thank you soooo much for playing in the Easter Challenge over at The Crafty Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful. I love it. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Creatalicious challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and the painting is perfect. Thanks for joining the challenge at creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Easter card. Love the image and the flower is super. Thanks for sharing your card in the Creative Inspirations paint challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is one,beautiful image love that flower
    ,bless you for playing at creatalicious,love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is stunning!! I love the way you colored this beautiful image...sheer perfection!! I also hope you enjoy your time off from work...and find plenty of time to get creatively messy:) Thank you for playing along with us in this week's CIP Challenge!! Sure hope you will be joining us again soon:)

    Hugs!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire,

    Lovely Easter card, great image and beautiful flower, thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very pretty-love the coloring on your image-thanks for sharing it with us at the creative belli challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everything about this, from the painstakingly painted image to the fabulous home made floral arrangement! Just gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with our Easter Challenge at Dream Valley.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely fabulous card, the image is so sweet and coloured beautifully.! Thanks for playing along with us at the Creatalicious challenges.
    Hugs Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...