My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 17 April 2011

Happy Birthday CD Sunday

CD Sunday is celebrating its first birthday!! So of course the theme for this weeks challenge is
"Happy Birthday"
I'm really pleased to be Guest Designer for such a special challenge and in honour of the occasion decided to put my stamps away and get printing. i've used a beautiful bp and decoupage from Debbi Moore's Evergreen' cd and printed them on pearlescent paper.


The BP is matted on gold mirri card and the decoupaged lady is glittered to highlight the pattern on her dress. I've added some green ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, some gold mirri die cut swirls and made a shrink plastic 'Happy birthday' charm. I die cut the shink plastic (nestie labels 4) and stamped Happy birthday on it with ivy green brilliance ink and covered the back of the shink plastic with galaxy gold brilliance ink. I made holes with my cropodile and then heated it with my heat gun. I added a green heart shaped bead from my stash and attached it all with jump rings. To finish off I've added some pale gold dew drops from Crafty Emma's

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Monochromatic
Fabulous Friday: Homemade embellishment
Inspire Me Friday: anything goes
Aud Sentiments: Anything goes

Thanks for calling by, I hope you're going to join in and wish CD Sunday a very happy first birthday :-) There are some fab prizes for the winners of this weeks challenge  too
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. Claire this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Claire, I love this cd
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful card and very fitting to be included with our birthday designs. Thanks for being such a great guest.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Frosted Design's Fabulous Friday challenge!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Claire! I have so many craft cd's yet rarely find time to use them. When I do get them out I spend so long drooling over the images I run out of time to craft :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs for our hand made embellishment challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and celebrating our 1st Birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, this is sooooo elegant. Beautiful. Thanks for joining in our Ribbon challenge at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just BEAUTIFUL! Love the shrinky tag & little heart bead.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge, hope you will come back and play along again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza, Claire, how stunning!!!
    You did a beautiful job, I'm so glad you shared @ Inspire Me Fridays!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card Claire. The image is stunning and so well complimented with that gorgeous bow. Thanks for joining the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge!
    Sharon, SCH-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...