My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 23 April 2011

Playing with Friendly plastic

I've never found friendly plastic to be very friendly before lol but when I saw the fab tutorials over at The Craft Barn I decided to give it a go and have a play. Here are a couple of pendants I made last night, apols for the truly horrible photo - the light is really weird here, I think we are in for a thunder storm!

There are 3 tutorials over at The Craft Barn and i've had a go at two of them, I wasn't up to tackling Neils gorgeous box tutorial lol. The pendant on the left uses the technique in Chris' tutorial. i've used silver black and purple FP. I joined up a load of scraps and heated them, laid a scrap of lace over the top and used a diamond shaped cutter (from The Craft Barn). Once it was cool i punched a couple of holes with a cropodile and coated it with glossy accents, adding some faux gems.. I've used  black cord to hang the pendant and a gunmetal bead from my stash dangling at the bottom.

The pendant on the right is made using the technique from Michelle's tutorial but I overheated the FP and it went a little holey lol. I quite liked the effect so I just stamped a rubber stamp into it and added a curve by shaping it with a pencil. Again holes punched with my cropodile and coat of glossy accents this time once it was dry I added a FP bead. I have quite  a few FP beads as every time i've tried to use it I've ended up with a total mess and rolled it up into a bead shape lol.

I'm really disappointed with the pics, they do look better in real life honest :-)
I did have a lot of fun making them though and I'm going to enter them in the FP challenge over at the Craft Barn

thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. Just popped in to say Happy Easter Claire and spotted your beautiful FP pieces, great colours. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire

    I think they look really brilliant well done at having a go.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look pretty good too, well done Claire!! Glad you were inspired by our tutorials!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Claire, I think they look great too.
    Glad you were inspired by the tutorials!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic Claire, ISn't it great when gone wrong looks stunning? Glad you enjoyed the tutorial
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you Claire :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...