My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 24 April 2011

Butterflies at CD Sunday

Its time for a new challenge at CD Sunday and this week the theme is 'Butterflies', its my last week as Guest Designer at CD Sunday so a big thank you to the DT for inviting me, i've really enjoyed my time with CD Sunday and its been great to explore my crafting cds again:-)


We all love butterflies and I have loads of butterfly stamps but this weeks theme was a perfect chance to use my new favourite stamp. Its absolutely ginormous and is from the 'Butterfly Dreams' themeplate from Chocolate Baroque. I'd already printed my bp out from Artylicious 'Essence of Nature' cd so I used the gorgeous pinks, lilacs and blues as my colour palette.

I brayered some glossy card with big'n'Juicy Hydrangea inkpad, masking a moon and then overstamped with the main image in versamark ink. I embossed with black detail EP and coloured the berries with Tinkabella 'Rose' ink, this dries to a lovely sheen - great for berries etc. Once the ink was dry I added white highlights with a Range inksentials white gel pen. the main image has 2 butterflies but I stamped out several on acetate and glittered the reverse. I ended up adding 5 acetate butterflies to the card with silicone glue to give the wings some dimension. I guess you can never have too many butterflies lol. You can see the detail better in this pic


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Glitter and glitz
Fabulous Friday: birds or butterflies
Flutter by Wednesday: Open challenge with angel fairy or butterfly
Freshly Brewed Challenges: sparkle and shine
Little Miss Muffet challenge: glitter and shine
My Mum's Craft Shop: all that glitters
The Paper Shelter: Inspired by Nature
Top Tip Tuesday: Open Challenge

thanks for visiting today, dig out your crafty cds and join us for this weeks 'Butterflies' challenge at CD Sunday. Don't forget to pop over and check out the DTs gorgeous work too
Claire xx

27 comments:

  1. Very nice coloring! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite of the cards you've made for us at CD Sunday Claire, you always put so much into them and I will hold you to the promise to return to us at a later date. Thanks for all you've done this last month.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fantastic! I like the way how you transformed these kind of brutal colours into bright and happy card! Best of luck and many thanks for joining Frosted Designs Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Чудесная работа, глаз не отвести!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Your butterflies and gorgeous. I love your paper and all of the other details you added. Thanks for joining us at DDSB and we look forward to seeing you soon. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card and fabulous stamp! Thanks for joining the Glitter and Glitz Challenge at DDSB
    Debbie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Lovely colours and beautiful sparkle and shine! Thanks for joining us for the Glitter and Shine challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Claire, such detail and such beautiful butterflies. love it.
    Happy Easter
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colours, butterflies are my fave on cards.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Claire. Your work is always fabulous. I adore butterflies but never get the glitz and colours just right. Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have done a gorgeous job with this, love the colors you have.

    Very beautiful

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card...such a lovely colour scheme...thanks for joining us this week at TPS...

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card, I love those beautiful butterflies. Thanks for joining in the DDSB, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful! Love it. Thanks for joining us this week at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow! I love this Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card - beautiful background and I love those butterflies. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. those red berries just "pop" off the page, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh this is gorgeous and so different, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning card... absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining Fresh Brewed Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is gorgeous. I love the butterflies and how the red just pops out from the purple

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Sparkle and Shine challenge!

    Heather Dennis
    Fresh Brewed Designs
    John 3:16

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!So wonderfully creative.Beautiful,beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous work!
    Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally gorgeous! Just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...