My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 9 April 2011

Guinevere

Hi there, its my favourite day of the week and after a dull start the sun has come out too :-)
Today's card features the lovely Guinevere from Michelle Perkett Studio. I coloured her and then couldn't find any papers that looked right  (how annoying is that??) so I decided to get out my starburst stains and make my own.


I made two sheets of backing paper using pale pink and green shades of starburst stains on copier paper (I used alpine ice rose, ramblin rose pink, eidelweiss moss greeen and a little gator gumbo olive - you've got to love the names they give these colours lol). I covered one sheet with cling film and scrunched the other up and left them to dry.

Guinevere is coloured with promarkers and has green glitter for a bit of extra bling in her hair and on her headband. I cut her out with a nestie and a gold mat too. I used the scrunched paper for the main background and punched a border from the cling film bp. The lace is from WOC and the ribbon from Crafty Ribbons. I used the leftover scrunched background to make the flower - punched 3 flowers with a woodware punch, layered themup and added a gold centre and a rose from WOC. The flourishes are made from gold mirri card cut with a marianne creatable die. To finish off I added some faux pearls and dew drops from Crafty Emma's Store. I'm really pleased with the flower, especially as its just made from copier paper lol, you can see it better in this pic. 


Today our spotlight Saturday post at MPS is giving all the DT members chance to talk about their favourite charities. Its hard to choose a favourite charity but Rethink and Mind the two big mental health charities are very close to my heart (in fact I work for a small branch of Mind). I'm going to be doing a local craft fair later in the year ( a scary thought) and hopefully my cards will make a little money for our charity. Things are very difficult for small charities at the minute so every penny counts.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Cardmaking Mama's: embellish it
Crafts and Me: glitter
Going grey with scrap creations: recipe challenge, my ingredients are ribbon, glitter and pearls
Mami Doodles: Use a punch or die cut
Pixie Dust: Lace it up
Tellen's Place: Sparkle and Lace
The Stamping Boutique: handmade flowers

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you are having a good weekend. After a nightmare of a week at work I've been out weeding and taken all my frustration out on all the poor dandelions lol, now I've had chance to chill out I'm going to have a couple of hours in my craftroom :-)
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Just got back in from weeding in the flower beds too and thought I would pop by to say thank you for visiting my blog and for choosing to follow me. This is a very pretty creation....I love the colours you have used.
    Chat soon
    Carrie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire. How beautiful is this card. I love your paper, its so textured, very nice colours too. Fab image and your lace and pearls finish it off beautifully. Your large flower is gorgeous too, so special. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Claire! I love the texture and how you made your background paper - very elegant! The image is perfect and that flower is super gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Tellen's Place for our "Sparkle & Lace" challenge. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. Love the scrunched bp and the image is fab.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this is gorgeous and a beautiful image - love the pper you made and the great flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning!! Love the vintage look to your card - so soft and wonderful! Thanks for joining the FBD challenge blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome card Claire, lovely details and your BP is gorgeous, beautiful flower too
    thanks for joining us at the TSB challenge
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, I love the paper that you created to go with your stamp. It is just plain perfection!! She is truely a princess! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us over at the Tellen's Place challenge. Good luck and I hope you will come back next week and play again with us!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! love the paper you created came together great. thanks for joining us at Scarp-Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The papers are wonderful, love the shine. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great card. I love the texture and the distressed look! Thanks so much for joining TSB challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place this week good luck
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire, I love the papers you have made - they go so well with the colouring of the image. Fab card. Thankyou for sharing this at Tellen's Place and hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, beautiful - fab background! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, and I especially love your papers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tellen's Place this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card, Love all the distressing.
    Thanks for joining us t TSB.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...