My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 19 June 2014

GDT At Frilly and Funkie

Good morning, ooooh what an exciting day it is!! I'm a very lucky crafter as I'm Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie, one of my very favourite challenges. Even better the challenge theme is absolutely fabulous too! The theme is 'Case it' and the idea is to case one of Linda's amazing Christmas tags but with a summery twist. Now I adore Linda's Christmas tags they are always so full of techniques and inspiration but I didn't get chance to play along last year so this was a perfect opportunity to catch up I took my inspiration from this one of Linda's tags


I began with a sheet of mountboard, distressed with a craft knife and Burnt Umber PanPastel. I followed the layout of Linda's tag and the idea of textured panels down the sides. I wanted a much more summery feel though so I set to work with Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters and Gathered twigs distress ink and a viva decor flexible stencil to create the flower panels. I cleaned the stencils and then applied a layer of Maimeri Glassy Gel, removed the stencil and sprinkled on microbeads (I know, I just can't stop using them at the minute lol).  Once it was all dry I added some colour to the background with PanPastels


The centre panel was made using a distress ink background on a tag, I used stamps from Crafty Individuals coloured with Graph'It markers, adding a die cut birdcage, lace, ribbon, pearl trim and a bird cage charm which I attached to the stamped glassine envelope


Again, following Linda's tag design I cut some burlap squares and gave them a light coat of gesso before attaching the letters (die cuts embossed with vintage silver Frantage powder)


Last but not least I added some flowers made with some scraps of linen card coloured with Magenta tint PanPastel. They were die cut with tattered florals and I added some glittery centres.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Individuals: tag you're it
Die Cutting Diva's: thing with wings
Hobbycutz: anything goes
Rhedd and Rosie's: Anything goes

Thanks so much for popping by, do pop over and check out the gorgeous inspiration from the Frilly and Funkie DT as they such a lovely talented bunch of ladies!
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. So many pretty elements and a yellow!! beautiful! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Claire, I love the bright summery colours you've used they're so zingy.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a stunning piece Claire - brilliant take on the tag and so very well done on the GDT. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Claire, the details are beautiful.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to look at on your tag Claire and it is very summery and pretty too. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals June Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you have created a masterpiece. What a wonderful project. Thanks for joining us at TTPH and good luck.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty and very summery! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous project, I adore your card Claire!!! Many thanks for entering it in the Crafty Individuals challenge this month, it's a delight for the eyes! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely card. TFS at DCD's wing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, such an amazing array of elements. Tthanks for joining us at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing elements on your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so pretty! Love all those wonderful details and the background elements are great too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What stunning work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great work with lovely elements!!!! a wonderful card!
    Bizz,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Such lovely colours too! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...