My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 1 June 2014

By the sea at Craft a Scene

Hi there, can you believe its June already? No me neither, I think I must be getting old as this year is just flying by. As its the first Sunday in June we've got a new challenge over at Craft A Scene and this month our theme is 'By the Sea'. My talented teamies have created some amazing projects so if you've got time pop over and have a look here.


I took inspiration for this card from a sample on a recent C&C show, its a three fold card so you've got lots of layers to add your images and give plenty of dimension. I've used stamps from Chocolate Baroque and Joanna Sheen, all coloured with Graph'It markers and fussy cut out. The background colouring was done with PanPastels (you can find my PanPastel clouds tutorial here if you fancy having a go at this easy technique). I used a white Graph'It Shake pen to add some detail around their feet.


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Bloggers: make your own background
Craftitude: anything goes/pop it up
Creative knockouts: summers coming
Fussy and Fancy: outdoors
Frilly and Funkie: vintage seaside
My time to craft: No designer paper
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes
Sister Act: anything goes

Thanks so much for popping by, hope you're going to join us at Craft a Scene this month
Claire xx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful design Clare! I love all the wonderful colors and the great cutting and staging of this card. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous scene Claire - awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Claire. Fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a delightful beach scene!!! Lovely coloring and arrangement~ So glad you joined us for the Frilly and Funkie challenge! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stunning scene Claire, I love how they're looking out at the lighthouse.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Claire. You've really captured those dimensions well, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously Claire, you've coloured this so beautifully and made those clouds so realistic I thought this was printed! But oh no, all brilliantly hand crafted with that clever design. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Claire, I love the cute scene you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is a lovely seaside scene and there is just so much work in that to make it so effective.Thank you for entering it into the Craft A Scene challenge for this month, and thank you also for your visit to me and for your kind comments. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gem you have created here, Claire! Your coloring is so bright and vivid yet the piece retains a lovely vintage feel. The images are so beautifully drawn. So great to have you joining in the fun with us for this challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really lovely. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I'm in love!! You have carried me away to bygone days and the joy of a seaside holiday. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win at Frilly and Funkie Claire! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...