My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 26 June 2014

Baby card

Good morning folks, its a very exciting time as we've got a new baby in the family so over the last few weeks I've made a few baby cards as we weren't sure if it would be a boy or a girl. I don't often make baby cards but I really enjoyed making this one.


I've used an image that I won recently from Sami Stamps, I coloured the image with my Graph'It markers and paper pieced the shawl using a freebie backing paper. I die cut the image with a Spellbinders die ad added some distress ink (Squeezed Lemondae, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar). I used a coordinating paper for the background, distressed with a craft knife and the same distress inks. I die cut the letters for the word BABY with a memory box die, coloured them with my Graph'It markers and gave them a coat of glossy accents. To finish off i've added a seam binding bow, a little pram charm and a couple of paper flowers.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Card Mania: babies
Digistamps for Joy: shaped cards
Glitter'n'Sparkle: include yellow
Simon Says Stamp: anything goes

have a great day and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. wow this is beautiful i love the colour combo you have used makes card really stand out xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Claire, I love the rainbow effect you've managed around the outside and on the topper.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute card claire - love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and beautiful card. Congrats to the new parents, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Claire, love the background it looks beautiful! Some really pretty dies too. Thanks for sharing with us at A Little Bit Crafty, good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Card Mania! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet creation and gorgeous papers and colour combos used...thanks so much for sharing in our challenge at Digi Stamps 4 Joy...
    ♥ aNNie {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire this is so sweet and very beautiful
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable card Claire, such a pretty design and papers....your image is delightful and fabulously embellished!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful baby card. I think the papers are so pretty, lovely ornate frame and sweet stamp. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I love the colors and the gorgeous yellow bow at the top. Great shaped card - the recipient will treasure it for sure. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...