My lovely blogland friends

Monday 19 May 2014

Words are all you need

Good morning my lovelies, well its been a very quiet weekend here with our poorly fur baby Benji resting his leg. He's a real Mum's boy and follows me everywhere so I couldn't go in my craft room as I didn't want him fall on the stairs. I wasn't going to give up crafting though so I just ended up bringing loads of stuff downstairs and taking over the dining room lol. I managed to get a couple of DT projects finished and decided to finish this project that I'd started making for the Indigo Blu Challenge where the theme is 'Words are all you need'


I knew I wanted to use this large sentiment, you can't see it very well as the photo is awful but it says "Courage, strength and determination that's what little girls are made of'. I'd given this old MDF shape a coat of gesso to cover the old design Next I set to and added some texture with Maimeri Light Modelling Paste  and a harlequin stenciland then set too with acrylic paints in pink and brown. I stamped the images which are also from Indigo Blu (Boadicea A5 set) onto tissue paper with black archival ink and painted them with Twinkling H2os, the sentiment was stamped with versamark and embossed with gold EP before applying them with Slap it on. To finish off I've added some Treasure Gold to highlight the texture and some flowers that I'd made using silicone moulds

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Natalie and Amy's: Rubber stamping
Sunflower Fields: vintage/shabby/rustic

18 comments:

  1. This is fab Claire, I love the tissue stamped images, it works really well.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, love the textures and wonderful details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project is so pretty, Claire! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a powerful piece love everything about it. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining in at the IndigoBlu Challenge
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing design and creative use of materials. The sentiment is lovely and spot on! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Hiding in my Craft Room.

    Graciellie
    HIMCR DT
    gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab little project .... thank you for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really gone to town on this Claire! Loving the mix of textures. Thanks for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, hope your furbaby is on the road to recovery, and you didn't get told off (as I do) for using the dining table! Love your project, thanks for joining us at Indigoblu this month, good luck!
    Nikki K.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your entry in the IndigoBlu Challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your entry in the IbdigoBlu Challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely make thank you for join in our challenge x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Claire,great tissue technique isn't it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the colour and the design is beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,this is just stunning...a wonderful entry for our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're one of the top 3 in the Indigo Blu challenge, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this has such a WOW !! factor ! I adore everything about it- so lush and a bit of a pre - raph feel :-) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - This is really stunning, a beautiful project, Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...