My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Summer Fairies from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning, hope you have had a lovely long weekend even if the weather was awful. Its back to work for me this morning and I just wanted to let you know that the Summer Fairies have arrived at Chocolate Baroque, this is the fourth release so now all 4 seasons are available in these beautiful stamps! Pop over and have a look at them here


I've used the gorgeous Fuchsia image from the August Fairy set as my focal image, coloured with Graph'It markers and die cut with a sizzix die and inked with Picked Raspberry distress ink. I've made a distress ink background with shades of pink and purple and added lots of lace, ribbon, pearl trim, cheesecloth fabrix, gems and a little paper flower. 
Once I'd got it all finished I decided it needed a little fairy peeping at the flower so I gritted my teeth and stamped the little fairy (also from August) with purple Memento ink, keeping my fingers crossed that it stamped ok and didn't completely bodge up the whole card lol. Fortunately it worked, phew!!!!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz: May flowers
Crafty Creations: flowers, die cut, ribbon, purple
Dream Valley: things with wings
Fab'n'Funky: ribbon, pearls/rhinestones
One Stitch at a time: anything goes

Well my darling fur baby Benji seems to be doing well on his new meds, the vet is pleased with him and all his blood results are fine so fingers crossed he'll be with us a while longer. Here he is looking a bit thoughtful, isn't he adorable? 


Our puppy is 2 today so there will be toys and treats later, where have the last two years gone? Here's the birthday boy, just about to pounce on an unsuspecting fly lol


Thanks so much for popping by, i'm off to work now and then to pick up my new specs. How exciting I'll be able to see what I'm doing now lol
Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. Claire this is so pretty, I just love it. you were brave to stamp staright onto a finished card, how many times has this not gone to plan for most people!
    Glad Benji is doing ok and I can't believe it's two years since you got that handsome brute, where does time go?

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Claire - love your card - such a lovely use of the fairy - glad to hear your dog is doing okay and happy birthday to the 'pup'! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good weekend Claire, I love this cards and the new fairy stamp set. I'm so pleased that there is a fushia on one of the sets, I love to see these in bloom in the summer, so many different colours and so beautiful, this one makes a super card, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just beautiful. I totally like the lace and the lace you did around the flower image. I also like that you added the little fairy in the corner looking down at the flower. :D
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge Anything Goes.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! love the gorgeous colours! your Dogs are lovely :)
    many thanks for joining us a Creative Romance, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful card with lots of colour and texture. Belated Happy Birthday to the puppy!

    Thanks for taking part with us in the Stamping Dragon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, What a beautiful feminine card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love all the lace! Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lace you used. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah lovely card. Thank you for joining us over on Stamping Dragon.
    Marleen DTL xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...