My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 17 May 2014

Lace at We Do Doobadoo

Helllooooo, I'm back again with my post for our brand new challenge at We Do Doobadoo where our theme is Lace, a nice easy one as I think most of us love to add some pretty lace to our projects. As always our lucky winner will receive some gorgeous Dutch Doobadoo goodies, so its a great opportunity if you fancy trying some of these lovely products (you can find them all here)

For the base I've used some mountboard, stencilled with my favourite Dutch Doobadoo mosaic stencil and Maimeri Light Modelling Paste, I've added some colour with PanPastels (Turquoise shade and Pewter) The next layers were cut using one of the lovely Dutch Doobadoo Shape Art Templates, the first layer was made using the Glittered Lace technique, an old favourite and it always amazes me that you can use lace as a stencil


The next layer features the fab DD Barbed Wire stencil and of course more Light Modelling paste, I stencilled round the image (coloured with my Graph'It Markers) and the coloured with Pewter and Black PanPastels  I've layered the lovely lady up over some black lace threaded with ribbon,, and I've added some paper flowers and bead trim from my stash The pretty corners are also from Dutch Doobadoo, they've been embossed with black EP

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics: Anything goes
A Little Bit Crafty: flower power
Crafty Ribbons: Anything goes with ribbon
Eclectic Paperie: Get Stencilled
Feeling Crafty: one for the girls
Just for fun: ribbon/lace
Simply Create Too: anything but a card

I'm planning on spending most of the day in the garden, I hope you're enjoying some sunshine too
Thanks so much for visiting today,
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. A work of art! Fabulous layers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too! I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Claire, gorgeous design and colours. have a nice weekend
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful project - thank you for sharing over at EE this month x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! Very glad you joined in the Simply Create Too "Anything But a Card Challenge" & hope you enter our next challenge which starts this coming Friday [May 23rd].

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of using stencils. Love the texture and the bit of black really pops the colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our May ePlay Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card
    Thanks for joining The Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    x Gretha

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so pretty and your stencils created a FAB BG! THX for playing with us in the eclectic Paperie ePlay Stencil Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your stenciled background is amazing!!!! I'm jealous!!! I've never had a background turn out like yours! ;D
    Your whole canvas is simply beautiful and outstanding!!!

    Thank you SO much for playing in our ePlay stencil challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...