My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 25 September 2010

White on White...

Hi, i'm having  a lovely lazy day today. I've managed to finish a couple of cards including this one which uses a gorgeous Sweet Pea Stamp 'Holly Night' by ching chou kuik. There are quite a few 'white on white' challenges around which was great news for me as I coloured the image and then couldn't seem to find any papers that looked right with it (how annoying is it when that happens?? ) Anyway some white card and vellum and I was away


The image is stamped on pearlescent card and coloured with promarkers, I added the snow with a white inksentials pen. The image is matted on some white and then blue silk mirri card.

I made a white staggered side step card (thanks Lynne, i had no idea what this card was called lol) and added panels of white card which was cuttlebugged with a swiss dots embossing folder. For embellishments I used more white pearl card to make the flowers and leaves using Marianne floral fantasy and starry garland dies, pearls and silver bead caps and some vellum fern leaves with a Leone Em punch, all from Jazzlins Designs

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Die cut dreams Christmas: Christmas Furry Things
I love promarkers: White on White
Incy Wincy: All white apart from the image
Colour Create: All white
Paper Jewels: Friendship
Papertake: Animal Magic

Thanks for looking, I've got some more lazing about to do now lol. X factor tonight so I'll be glued to the TV with a glass of wine (or 2) and some chocolate :-)
Claire xx

22 comments:

  1. Hi Claire

    This is absolutly stunning! Those colours are striking against the white background!!!

    Thanks for joining us over on Incy Wincy this week ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Claire, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Claire, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Claire,I love the colours you have used.Thanks for sharing this with us at Incy Wincy this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous caard! The image is really cool! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire. Gorgeous card again this week, and beautifully coloured. Fab entry for our challenge at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Claire - this is beautiful - gorgeous image and love the white - works so well :o) thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx (your fellow teamie lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Claire, the snow really is a fab touch. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite striking! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image, fabulous card :o) Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Claire. Those flowers and leaves look fab and the image is lovely. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for joining in the all white challenge at Incy Wincy this week. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's fabulous. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so lovely! I love the sparkle, thanks for playing along at Paper Jewels!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creation Claire I love the whiteness of the card and that image is so beautiful.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us at colour create with this lovely card, great colouring and flowers, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. so so soooooooooooooooo gorgeous! I love white on white! this is so fab and luxurious, love the embossed detail, just the mose amazing creation! Hugs juls

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome coloring!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Hugs from Russia)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Claire - your image looks beautiful framed against the white background! Thanks for joining us at CC and CES challenges this week. Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH CLaire this is STUNNING!!!!
    Beautiful job with this challenge!!
    Thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...