My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 18 September 2010

A new challenge at Let's Ink It Up!!

Hi. its time for another challenge at Let's Ink It Up. There were some fantastic entries for Challenge 2, huge congratulations to the winner and Top 3.




Ou challenge this time is
 'Use your favourite stamp, with a twist - add a charm'
We have a fabulous prize again, a £20 voucher for



Caroline is a lovely lady and she designs the most gorgeous stamps, I've used stamps from Caroline's Silhouettes 2 themeplate to make this project.  It is a fab set of stamps with 2 fab backgrounds and lots of little elements to build your scene. I've also used one of Caroline's Decor Plates, the large scalloped circle as the base for my wall hanging. I was lucky enough to win some of these in a challenge a few months ago, they are fab to work and take ink beautifully. Great value too, I just bought some more and some oriental ones too :-)




I coloured the Decor Plate with kaliedacolour inks and my trusty brayer and then sprayed assorted glimmer mists over the top. I then stamped with various leaf stamps from Joanna Sheen which were embossed with gold and copper EPs. The leaves are cut on my cuttle bug as is the flower which is a Marianne Die from Jazzlin Designs. The beautiful Autumn ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons and was a real bargain in their sale.

The central scene was created by brayering a background with the same kaleidacolour inkpad and then embossing the main scene with black detail EP. The fairy, toadstool and hedgehog were also embossed with the same EP. The leaves on the tree are from the same themeplate and stamped once again with Kaliedacolour inks.  I cut the scene out and embossed the edge with gold EP to frame it. To finish off, I added a tiny toadstool charm - if you look closely you can see it just below the flower.

I'm also entering this wall hanging in the following challenges:

City Crafter Challenge: Tree of Books
A spoonful of sugar: Fall into Autumn Colours
Incy Wincy : Autumn Colours
Paperplay challenge: Shaped Project
Everybody Art Challenge: Other Cardform

I hope you are going to dig out your favourite stamp and join us at Let's Ink It Up
I'm sure after seeing all your fab cards I'll have another long wish list of stamps I need!! Why not pop over to my teamies blogs and check out their favourite stamps too - they have some fab projects again this month
Claire xx


11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the images and the way you have sprayed the glimmer mist .. a Work of art for sure .... thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is a fabby wall hanging and lucky you to win such great things. Enjoy your weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and I love the shape too! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am flabergasted!!! (did I write that right?) You are truly amazing Claire!!! Such a joy to be part of your team xox

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation as always, love the embossed leaves and the colours are beautiful. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Claire what an amazing creation, the silhouette is gorgeous.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous creation you have here.. I just love it.. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is absolutely stunning!!! I just love it. Thanks for playing along with our shape challenge at PaperPlay.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a real work of art! AWESOME!!!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - love this card! Fab colors and the image is so cute

    Thanks for playing with the Sugar ladies this week

    Hugs
    Tonje

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...