My lovely blogland friends

Friday 24 September 2010

Crafty Ann's Challenge ...Anything but a card


The latest challenge from Crafty Ann's Challenge blog is 'Anything but a card'. I love altered art so I decided to alter an old jewellery box from the huge pile of bits and bobs waiting to be altered in my craftroom. It started life as  a watch box made from study card.




I gave it a really think blobby coating of gesso (thats the technical term lol) and left it overnight to dry. Next came a couple of coats of metallic blue paint (Stewart Gill, I think) While the paint was drying, I printed off Crafty Ann's short petal flower (available  at Crafty Ann's Digi Shop) and painted the flowers in blue shades of twinkling h20s. Once the flowers were dry, i cut them out, curled the petals with my pokey tool and layered them up. The centres are made using gold microbeads.

I attached some blue and gold check ribbon around the box and popped one of the small flowers on each of the 4 sides. I used the large flower on the box lid with the leaves from the same digisheet. To finish off I made some tiny flowers using seed beads. I'm going to make some earring using the same little beaded flowers when I get a minute. I love making these flowers, once you get the hang of them they are pretty quick and easy

I'm entering my altered box in the following challenges
Crafty Calender: blue and flowers
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: Anything goes
Stampin Royalty: Anything but a card
Digital Tuesday: All about the girls
AiFactory: Anything goes
Charisma Cardz: Anything goes

Thanks for calling by, I hope you're going to join us for our challenge. Its certainly crafting weather here, its chilly and pouring with rain. Can you tell its nearly weekend lol?
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! I love the flowers. thanks for entering the anything goes challenge at aifactory this week
    -tammy dt lead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous box Claire. I love the colours you've used on the short petal flowers and the beaded flowers are grogeous. I love the whole mixed media feel of this project. If you gave someone a present in that box, they'd feel like they had two presents!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour and that flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful little treasure box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, Claire, I just LOVE this.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, wow, wow Claire this is awesome work the colours and those flowers look amazing thank you for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project, it's gorgeous and the detail amazing. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing!
    Love your box
    Thanks for joining us at digital Tuesday :)
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful creation and thanks for the info about using Gesso on the box! I will have to give it a try! Thanks for playing at AiFactory this week. Hope to see you again next week!
    Georgia
    AiF DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little box - thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW your project is wonderful. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory challenge and please be sure to come back and play with us again.

    That box is so great, I really must try this sometime

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...