My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 2 September 2010

Christmas Elf

Here's this weeks Christmas card using a Holly Fairy stamp from Crafters Companion.


The photo has somehow really faded the bps which are from Season's Greetings CD by Artyicious and Raspberry Road designs and are much richer IRL. The image is coloured with promarkers with  sakura stardust highlights on his wings and the holly berries. To finish off I added some ribbon, a little bell and a magnolia sentiment.

I'm entering this little chap in the following challenges:
Bah Humbug: Use a charm (having tidied my craft room I can't find my charms anywhere so I hope my lttle bell counts)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: Make a start on Christmas
Lots to do: angels and fairies
Die cut dreams Christmas - Elves (I haven't got a single 'elf' stamp so I hope my little holly fairy will count)
Paper Sundaes: Christmas in August
CD Sunday: Jingle Bells

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

17 comments:

  1. This is a very cute fairy! What a great non-traditional Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claire

    What a stunning card, it's just gorgeous. I love the backing papers and image. The papers give your card a Vintage feel to it. Of course your little bell counts it's the perfect finish to a beautiful card.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire
    I am the same no elves, your card is stunning love those papers gorgeous colours.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire
    Your Holly Fairy easily doubles as an elf with those pointy shoes and your dingly jingly bell is perfectly acceptable as a charm for our challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas Card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh wow thats very original and a beautiful card
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Claire love the backing papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Claire - gorgeous fairy. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Claire, I haven't seen this stamp before and you have coloured it beautifully. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Claire this is fabulous I so love those papers and that image looks superb, especially with your colouring.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this one Claire, I do like combining stamps with cd's and pre printed papers and you've done a great job. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little "elf" - and I love the vintage feel - beautiful!! thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this holly fairy - thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning darling thanks for joining us this week at the Die cut dreams Christmas challenge
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire, I see that we both made the top 3 at dcdchristmasclub.

    Your elf is adoreable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Claire, beautiful backing papers and super image.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday, hope we see you next week
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...