My lovely blogland friends

Friday 21 August 2015

Sparkling Christmas Scene from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning folks, my  first post today features stamps from Christmas Candlelight and Sparkling Trees, two of this months new releases from Chocolate Baroque that I've  used to make Christmas scene.


I love to create scenic cards so I really enjoyed making this one. The stamps from the two A5 stamp sheets work beautifully together. I began by stamping the images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used PanPastels to add colour to the background so I didn't need to mask the stamped images as PanPastels are erasable. The only thing I had to mask was the moon.

I used shades of Blue and Grey PanPastel to Create the sky and the snowy hills and I added some silver to the moon for a little shimmer and some falling snowflakes with a white Graph'It Shake pen.

 I used a black fineliner pen to extend the post under the lantern. Next I coloured the trees, reindeer and lantern with coloured pencils. It was looking a little bare in the top left corner so I used one of the tree stamps as a branch, again colouring with pencils.

I've matted on white and red card and added pearls, ribbon topped with buttons and a little charm to finish the card off. The sentiment is from Christmas Magic, stamped with Rhubarb Stalk Memento Ink.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore: anything goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday: anything goes with a twist use some glitter
Holly Jolly Christmas: Snowflakes and sparkle
Love to Scrap: anything goes
Noor Designs UK: Christmas
Sparkles Forum Christmas: No designer papers

Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Yet another stunning project so full of detail. I do enjoy popping over to your blog and seeing all your wonderful designs. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous snowy scene you've create. It really tells a story! :) Love all the added sparkle. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully created Christmas scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card I love the trees. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    TTCRD DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! The scene you created is fabulous and I love the bit of sparkle. Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done - a really great scene.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful scene Claire. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK. Hope to see you in our new challenge... Shaped cards.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...