My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 16 August 2015

Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes at We love 2 create!


Good morning my lovelies, its time for a new challenge over at We Love 2 Create and as ever our theme is 'Anything Creative/Mixed media Goes' so you can let your imagination run wild!!
Our lucky winner will receive some gorgeous crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands and you don't have to use our products to play along.

For my DT project i've made an 8x8 canvas using some of my favourite techniques. The canvas had already been used once but it had gone horribly wrong lol. I decided to recycle it so I gave it a coat of white gesso and then coloured with shades of turquoise and yellow green PanPastels before stencilling in the leaves with some green sparkle medium. I wasn't happy with the colour as it was really dark green so I applied more PanPastel over the top and happily you can still see the sparkle!!

I used a Stamps Away stencil for the focal image. I coloured some white card with turquoise and green PanPastels and then applied more PanPastels through the stencil to colour the image. Next I applied Maimeri Glassy Gel medium through the stencil and then removed the stencil and sprinkled on clear microbeads. I left it to dry and once the glassy gel has dried you get a lovely effect as you can see the colour of the PanPastels below but the microbeads give a lovely sparkle.


To finish off I added some stamping around the edges using Dreamees stamps and versmark for the leaves. I then applied Yellow Green PanPastel. The flowers were stamped in black and then watercoloured with Pans.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Allsorts: Share your favourite colour
(I love green and red together)
Daring Cardmakers: touchy feely
Crafting for all seasons: bright and beautiful
Creative Card Crew: Sparkle/glitter

Thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx


7 comments:

  1. a very pretty make claire. great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas is so pretty. Love all the bright colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog. Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully decorated canvas lovely colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Favourite colour' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project. Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely!
    Thanks for joining in with the "Talking Texture" challenge from The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...