My lovely blogland friends

Friday 14 August 2015

Something new at Polkadoodles!

Hello folks, I'm a bit late on parade today as blogger isn't posting my scheduled posts for some reason. I seem to have gremlins following me this week as my phone is playing up and my  freezer has broken too. Anyway better late than never, here's my project for our new challenge over at Polkadoodles where our theme is 'Something new to you'. I've been inspired by the gorgeous canvas created by my lovely teamie Claire B and made a canvas using the wonderful Santa image from the new collection 'Picknix 3 Nordic Winter'

I printed Santa out on Ultimate Graphic Paper (also from Polkadoodles) and coloured hime with Graph'It markers before cutting him out. I primed the canvas with white gesso and stencilled on some snowflakes using  Maimeri Glassy Gel and once that was dry I added some colour with distress reinkers in Tumbled Glass and Broken China. Once that was dry I stencilled in some more snowflakes using Light Modelling paste, adding a sprinkle of glitter.


I stencilled polkadots around the sides of the canvas with LMP and coloured the dots by swiping over the raised areas with Festive Berries distress ink. 

Here's a better pic of Santa, he's a fab image to colour


To finish off I've added a die cut 'Noel' with some glittery snow, a bow and a couple of bells.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
ABC Christmas: polkadots
Creative Card Crew: sparkle/glitter
Die Cut Divas: Favourite holiday
Digi Choosday: punches/ die cuts
Moving along with the time: Snow in summertime
Sparkles Forum Christmas: no designer papers

If you've got a few minutes pop over and check out my teamies gorgeous projects, they've created some gorgeous projects to inspire you
Thanks so much for popping by today
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. WOW Claire, this is gorgeous. I love the Santa, amazing colour and fabulous canvas. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is amazing! I love the background and that blue against Santa!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a very snowy scene, and a great image!
    Hugz tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Great addition to Christmas decor-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right this is a splendid image! Love the colours you used on your canvas and the 3D snowflakes. The snowy die-cut is a fantastic finishing touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous project and Santa is coloured beautifully, I could give him a home if you're stuck, lol

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah Claire S T U N N I N G, I've never done a canvas so when and how is Santa stuck? He doesn't look just cut out and glued to me. This is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on your blog Claire and fell in love with that Santa! A fabulous canvas with lots of detail

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challengr

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab design, lovely image, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful Santa. Great card.

    So glad you entered your card into the Die Cut Divas' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh! This is such a great layout! I would love to have it standing on my fire place at Christmas! Great colour choice and such a lovely design. I love, that there is not too much on it, so the focus is on those cool elements, the colours, the santa and the snow flakes! Thank you so much for joining the ATSM challenge this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowser!!! What a stunning make. Thanks for joining us in our Punches and/or die cuts challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Claire - love the colours and design. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs, Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic canvas! Love your Santa image and the snowflake background you created. Neat touch to extend your snow-covered "Noel" over the top. I enjoyed seeing your creation over at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING!! A total masterpiece!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful make!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Good luck.-Monica. Dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...