My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 9 August 2015

Seaside or On the beach at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hi there my lovelies, here's my project for our 'Seaside/On the beach' challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Its not quite finished but I got kind of stuck so it will have to wait a wee while until I decide what else to add. As always we've got a fab prize for our random winner (a $20 voucher from Flonzcraft) and Top 3 honours up for grabs too! We are a stamping challenge though so no digi stamps are allowed.


I've had this boat shape shelf for years so decided to give it a bit of a makeover. I've painted the outside with gesso and then lots of different acrylic paints and stamped with a text stamp using Potting Soil Archival ink before I sanded it for a distressed look. Next came some stencilling with Maimeri Glassy Gel and a Crafters Workshop stencil, you can't see it too well on the pic. I added a little gilding wax here and there around the edges too.


An ideaology frame fitted this Chocolate Baroque Sentiment a treat, I added a little more gilding wax too. The beach huts are from Chocolate Baroque, coloured with Distress Markers and Derwent pencils. I coloured the shelf with PanPastels and added shells and a straw hat embellishment.


The middle shelf was made by creating a PanPastel background and cutting some wave shapes from white card. I coloured them with Pans and added white glue and glitter. I stamped the image (Santoro Stamps) and coloured her with my Graph'it markers before carefully cutting her out and layering her and the waves up with ginormous blobs of silicone glue for some dimension.


I've added some fishing net, shells and a message in a bottle that I'd crackled and coloured with Alcohol Inks.

The lower shelf is under the sea and again created a background with PanPastels, stamped the undersea border from Chocolate Baroque and coloured with Derwent pencils. The mermaid is also from Santoro stamps, she's been coloured with Graph'it markers and cut out before layering her up with more silicone glue. I've added some muslin fabric,shells and pearls to this layer.


I'm entering this project in the following challenges:

Allsorts: Inspired by summer
Altered Eclectics: Anything goes
Alphabet Challenge: M is for mermaids
Craft Stamper Take it Make It August Challenge: take a technique, pens and pencils
Deep Ocean: summer fun
Fussy and Fancy: Lazy summer days
Our Creative corner: summer holiday

Right I'd better get my thinking cap on as I think I still need to add some more embellies, maybe some bunting? Or a bucket and spade? Decisions decisions lol
Thanks for visiting today, if you have time do pop over and see my DT sisters gorgeous projects! They are such a lovely talented bunch they're bound to inspire you
Claire xx

5 comments:

  1. Claire this is a fabulous make, love all the little details and the outside finish looks wonderful.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makeover Claire, love what you've done to it looks fab!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful make Claire - awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, yet another project I simply adore and as I keep saying, if it needs a new home, just say ... lol. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is stunning Claire! I looove how you have altered the boat shape! We are just coming out of Winter here, so this has made me smile big time! Bring on Summer!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...