My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Colour Challenge at Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, today is my turn to share my inspiration project for our colour challenge at Chocolate Baroque Challenge and this time around we've got this gorgeous colour palette to work with


I started by picking out distress inks to match the challenge colours, I used Evergreen Bough, Gathered twigs, Picked Raspberry and Shaded Lilac. In the photo it looks quite bluey but my camera has given up the ghost so I'm having to use my phone


I began by splodging my distress inks on to my nonstick craft sheet, misted them with water and then swooshed some white card through the inky puddles. I dried the card off and repeated the process before splashing with some water and mopping up with kitchen roll. I cut a square of the inky background and stamped with the gorgeous snowflakes from A Child is Born and embossed with sparkly white WOW Embossing powder, for some extra bling I added gems to the snowflakes.

I used a scrap of the background I'd made to die cut a bauble with a spellbinders die and stamped the 'Christmas Magic' sentiment , again embossing the sentiment.  I layered the bauble up on glitter card and did the same with the background, adding a few more gems. a little charm and a seam binding bow.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers: distress it
Crafty Sentiments: use die cuts
Everybody Art: Snowflakes
Ooh La La: Christmas
Stamping Sensations: Simply Christmas

Thanks for popping by, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh it is a lovely colour palette as well Claire, an absolutely beautiful creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so carried away with those lush colours Clair that I totally forgot to thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Such a fab colour palette. Beautiful design. I feel truly inspired to get all inky! Fab. Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire, the colours are beautiful together..

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiiful vibrant colours. Thanks for playing along with EAC.
    Hugs, Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, don't know which I like best, fabulous colours,love the flowered background and also the snowflakes on the second one.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful effect you've achieved. and love the colours.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Ooh La La creations.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - love the jewel colours!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card and thanks for sharing with this week at crafty sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card. I love the color tones, each one stands out yet manages to blend beautifully at the same time.

    Thank so much for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks absolutely magical - gorgeous card Thanks for joining in with us at Ooh La La creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...