My lovely blogland friends

Friday 23 September 2011

Vintage Challenge at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog

Hi there, how very exciting ... its time for my first DT project for Sarah Hurley and the theme for our challenge is 'Vintage'. This time I haven't used Sarah's fabby images as we have a sponsor, Altered Expressions and there are 3 gift certificates up for grabs!! I've used images from the gorgeous 'Fairy Tales - Alice in Wonderland Collage Sheet for this wall hanging.

 

I've used some oval cut out shapes that my friend was throwing out, now I couldn't see them go to waste so I nabbed them and as they are pretty thin card I stuck 3 together as a base for my project. I stamped a text background in red and black distress inks and then stamped small hearts, diamonds, clubs and spades in versamark and embossed with clear EP. I divided the base into four and sponged red ink in the top right corner and back in the bottom left corner. I used versamark and gold ep around the edges

I made frames for the 3 images using nesties and gave them a crackle finish using red/black acrylic paint, watered down pva glue and ivory acrylic paint. I also embossed the images with clear UTEE for some shine.

I made the twisted roses from strips from a canvas roll (a bargain from The Works), painted them with ivory acrylic paint, distressed with tea dye distress ink and spattered them with red ink to look like splashes of paint.

To finish off I added some black die cut leaves a 'Queen of Hearts' playing card peeping out of the back. To hang it up, i added a loop made from red ribbon with a border of white hearts.

I'm entering my Alice project in the following challenges:
Crafty Emma's Challenge: embellish me more
(I've used flowers, leaves, playing card and die cut frames)
The Altered Alice: Text as nonsense
OOh La La: die cuts/punches
Scrappy Frogs: Vintage
Sir Stampalot: Frame it
Totally Gorjuss: Nothing square about me

Thanks for calling by, check out the challenge blog and see the gorgeous projects by my lovely new teamies and of course don't forget to join us for our fab-u-lous vintage themed challenge 
hugs
Claire xx


16 comments:

  1. Claire, your wall hanging looks fantastic. Great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabby vintage projects. Love all the gorgeous details. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your art! This is so FAB!! I just love your idea of how you placed every image! I am a big Alice in Wonderland fan, I am so glad I found the Altered Alice blog, so I can see your beautiful art work. Master piece for sure! Cool flowers. Just awesome!! I signed up to be a follower too!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Charming wall art, every detail is so well thought out. Love the backgrounds with the color quadrants and emboss-resist card suits! The images are also wonderful and the crackle frames really set off the vintage illustrations. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vintage make Claire!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fabulous hanging, love all the elements and details. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project Claire and such imagination how you aged the frames and made the roses from canvas with great effect.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful creation,

    thanks for joining us at
    Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thats just gorgeous Claire! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous!! the details are AMAzing! Thanks for sharing with The Altered Alice! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. wowzer!!! this is just stunning!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you have made that background in quarters to reflect the four suits of cards. I'm always intrigued by Alice themed projects & this is a real beauty. Your black die-cut leaves are a masterful accent & really add to the card suit idea - they reflect the spades shape/colour beautifully.
    So much thought in this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. Thanks for joining us at OLLCB this week

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous creation! Congratulations on making the CB DT too! Thanks for sharing your wall hanging with us at sir stampalot this month and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great wall hanging piece, lovely vintage feel.
    Thanks for sharing with OLL your beautiful Punches and Dies creation; we hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow what a beautiful creation
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...