My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 11 September 2011

Exciting news and some paint fusion

Hi there, I'm usually a bit down in the dumps on a Sunday evening, thinking about going back to work but not today. I've got tomorrow off work as its hubby's birthday and I've also had some exciting news too :-)  I'm joining the mega talented Sarah Hurley's DT!! 
I was over the moon when  Sarah invited me to join her fabby friendly team, and in fact  I'm still doing a happy dance lol. 

Anyway I've been busy making some top secret projects this weekend (I have more exciting news to come lol) so I thought I'd share of my 'paint fusioned' bath panel. Apols for the truly terrible photo, my bathroom is tiny and I had to be a contortionist to get this photo lol. After some work in the bathroom, the pine veneer came off the panel leaving an mdf blank so rather than fork out for a new one I decided to recycle it with stamps and paint.


I used willow green and cream emulsion with watered down pva glue for the background and then used Sheena Douglass'  'Berries' stamps with black stazon to set out the design. I've used assorted acrylic paints from my stash - one tip, if you decide to have a go at this, take the bath panel out before you paint it :-) I was walking like a little old lady for a week after tying myself in knots to paint this LOL. Once the paint was dry, I rubbed gold rub'n'buff around the mouldings and then gave the whole thing 5 coats of satin varnish.

I'm entering my bath panel in the latest Craft Room Challenge which is 'Home decor'

Thanks for visiting today, I hope my UK blogging buddies are bunkered up away from the bad weather we're expecting and I'm sending hugs to those across the water on the anniversary of 9/11, such an emotional day for everyone  but even more so for those caught up in the tragedy and their families
Claire xx

22 comments:

  1. Love it - must admit having not long ago decorated my bathroom, I have been looking at the bath panel and the wooden laundry box with "Paint Fusion eyes" - you have inspired me now - possibly not this side of Christmas but maybe in the Spring ......


    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Claire, the effect is fantastic. I really must get on and do some more of this. I have only practised so far - very nervous about really going for it and never seem to have the time either!!!!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Claire your bath panel is fabulous. Congratulations on joining the Sarah Hurley team you will shine there. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry so blown away forgot to say thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge and good luck in the draw. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your DT position Claire.
    Your bath panel is amazing You are very talented
    Hopefully the bad weather will do as the forecasters say and not reach the SE of England. I hope you are all hunkered down and safe

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, Congratulations! Claire, this bathroom panel is Shabby Chic beautiful! The touch of gold is so dramatic! Love this. Have a wonderful day off with the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW thats amazing, I love the bath panel its stunning and well done on the DT Spot with Sarah. Hope you have a great day tomorrow. Love Hazel xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely project! Hope you have a nice day and thanks so much for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING project, hun!!!! What a fantastic idea and so beautifully executed!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations on your news Claire and I absolutely love your newly decorated bath panel. A really clever idea which looks fantastic.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Claire, that is stunning, well done you. Congrats on your new DT post
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Claire - this is lovely ! It's definately the first crafty bath panel I've seen in blog land ! Congrats on ur new DT place, and hope you enjoyed your day off...Thanks so much for joining our Craft-room challenge...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you to be joining a new Design Team! Congratulations! Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing, such a great idea and so very well done. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck.
    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your bath panel - it's brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Claire! You've done a fantastic job - the paint fusion looks brilliant. Congratulations on new your DT position, by the way! Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a clever girl Claire, this is super and if you fancy doing another I'll send one over,lol
    Congrats on your new DT post you'll be fab.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project for our home decor theme, it's beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the DT post. This looks quite stunning & how amazing to be able to say you decorated your own bath panel. Hope you've survived the weather - I had to give up trimming the Cotoneaster this morning - no sooner had I retrieved the debris bucket than the kneeling mat was off, then the debris from the bucket!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's great Claire...not surprised you couldn't walk properly though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your new DT job :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow clever- these panels look fab- and congrats on your DT place, Thanks for joining us at Craft Room challenge- debi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...